Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Munster V Zebre. TP Team post 108

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    The balance Zebo displayed for the third try to take the ball so far behind him and still hardly break stride was exceptional.
    I was roughly in line with it and thought it was gone, he did exceptionally well to control the ball and catch it without really breaking his stride.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
      He's just very composed, he doesn't panic and snatch at the ball just because the try line is looming. People criticise him for seeming casual but it's actually that nonchalence that, allied to a good work rate and high skill level, makes him such a good finisher. He makes it look easy.

      The contrast with Fitzgerald, a similarly skillful and quick player, is interesting. Fitz has had so many injury problems and is so keen to make an impact when he does get on the field that he frequently fluffs opportunities that a player of his ability should nail. He seems to stuggle to relax and just let his pace and skills do the work.

      Zeebs looks like a player in the zone at the moment. Just at ease with himself and the game. I hope he can preserve that mentality.
      It was Zebre not Toulon. That's the caveat I'd throw in there.
      I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

      Comment


        Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
        It was Zebre not Toulon. That's the caveat I'd throw in there.
        A fair point in general, but the specific case - taking a ball behind him one-handed without slowing - isn't dependent on the quality of the opposition for the skill; it's just top-notch individual skill, regardless of against whom it's done.

        I'd have to say I thought the little tap-dance without slowing to stand the defender up for his first was every bit as good as the third.
        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
          A fair point in general, but the specific case - taking a ball behind him one-handed without slowing - isn't dependent on the quality of the opposition for the skill; it's just top-notch individual skill, regardless of against whom it's done.

          I'd have to say I thought the little tap-dance without slowing to stand the defender up for his first was every bit as good as the third.
          He has all the skills that's never been his problem. If he concentrates on the rugby he will start for Ireland this year.
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

          Comment


            Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
            He has all the skills that's never been his problem. If he concentrates on the rugby he will start for Ireland this year.
            When has he not concentrated on his rugby? its a lazy stereotypical viewpoint thats worn down to the nub at this stage. tall poppies et al
            Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Redgiant View Post
              When has he not concentrated on his rugby? its a lazy stereotypical viewpoint thats worn down to the nub at this stage. tall poppies et al
              He's also a poor defender by the way, and has bad positioning, and is fat, and arrogant, and, well, he's a bit of a bounder don't you know.

              He must be because otherwise we'd have to admit that he's fast becoming the best winger in the country and Joe's an eejit for over-looking him for Daverage et al.

              Comment


                Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                It was Zebre not Toulon. That's the caveat I'd throw in there.
                He showed the same composure when he did his little heel flick against Wales in the 6Ns, and he took the one chance that came his way against Toulon last season too. His composure seems to be there regardless of the opposition and the occasion.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
                  He's also a poor defender by the way, and has bad positioning, and is fat, and arrogant, and, well, he's a bit of a bounder don't you know.

                  He must be because otherwise we'd have to admit that he's fast becoming the best winger in the country and Joe's an eejit for over-looking him for Daverage et al.
                  You could be strung up in parts of this country for putting Joe and Eejit in the same sentence:_panic__by_bad_bloo (take it back!! take it back!!)
                  Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Redgiant View Post
                    When has he not concentrated on his rugby? its a lazy stereotypical viewpoint thats worn down to the nub at this stage. tall poppies et al
                    Ah come on? Stereotypical..........

                    I'd say Joe Schimdt is comfortably the best thing that ever happened to Zebo because he's the first manager who didn't indulge him and tidied up the areas of his game that needed rectifying. He's an immeasurably better player in 12 months and that's no concidence in my view. He might actually become that world class winger sooner rather then later
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                      Ah come on? Stereotypical..........

                      I'd say Joe Schimdt is comfortably the best thing that ever happened to Zebo because he's the first manager who didn't indulge him and tidied up the areas of his game that needed rectifying. He's an immeasurably better player in 12 months and that's no concidence in my view. He might actually become that world class winger sooner rather then later
                      How exactly has Schmidt done that? Zebo didn't play in the AIs or six nations. All Schmidt did was persist in picking a winger who got run down by a second row forward while Zebo was playing for Munster.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        How exactly has Schmidt done that? Zebo didn't play in the AIs or six nations.
                        Picked some holes in his game, told him what to work on and gave him a target to aim for.
                        The system is dead! Long live the process!

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                          Picked some holes in his game, told him what to work on and gave him a target to aim for.
                          You could do that to any player in any squad. Zebo has the x factor and with Bod now gone and Zebo picking up from where he left off last season, the Irish backline needs his ability to do something different. Daverage, Trimble (at least hee is solid) et al are good players but Zebo is a game breaker.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                            Picked some holes in his game, told him what to work on and gave him a target to aim for.
                            Fair enough. Now, if he'd just done the same with the likes of Jordi Murphy and Dave Kearney before he started selecting them for the 6Ns I'd be less inclined to question his judgment of Zebo.

                            Comment


                              Zebo, Its his own fault he wasnt involved last year. he made it easy on joe to leave him out.
                              He wasnt in great form earlier in the season.
                              He didnt seem fit enough either at the start of the season.
                              He was disrespectful to Joe and thats the main reason he wasnt involved.
                              I'd hope that its all sorted this year and he has a great season. There is no doubting his ability and the speed and finishing power.
                              Yes, Yada Yada some would say we could have won the slam had he been involved but thats hard to prove.

                              joe won the chaampionship and hard to really argue with a coach after that.


                              ps. caps button is fecked after wife spilt coffee. its going to be an expensive cup
                              When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Benji View Post
                                Zebo, Its his own fault he wasnt involved last year. he made it easy on joe to leave him out.
                                .......
                                He was disrespectful to Joe and thats the main reason he wasnt involved.
                                Do tell
                                "Fineen Wycherley was everywhere. When I watched this video back late on Saturday night I half expected to look up from my laptop to find him in my kitchen ' TRK Nov 3rd 2019 following Cardiff v Munster

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X