Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Academy players playing AIL

Week 1
    Niall Horan and Sean McCarthy started for Shannon.
    Ryan Foley came off the bench for Cork Con.
    Dan Goggin started for Young Munster.
    Jamie Glynn & Alex Wootton were the bench for Garryowen.
    David Johnston started for Ul Bohs.

Inactive: Max Abbott, Rory Burke, Brian Scott, Darragh Moloney, John Madigan, Ryan Murphy, Jack O'Donoghue, Darren Sweetnam, Rory Scannell.

Jack Cullen, Gearoid Lyons, Greg O'Shea, Stephen Fitzgerald started for under-20's loss to Connacht.
    Last edited by Bayern; 16th-September-2014, 12:25.

Originally posted by Bayern View Post
    Week 1
    Niall Horan and Sean McCarthy started for Shannon.
    Ryan Foley came off the bench for Cork Con.
    Dan Goggin started for Young Munster.
    Alex Wootton on the bench for Garryowen.

Inactive: Max Abbott, Rory Burke, Brian Scott, Darragh Moloney, John Madigan, Ryan Murphy, Jack O'Donoghue, Jamie Glynn, David Johnston, Darren Sweetnam, Rory Scannell.

Jack Cullen, Gearoid Lyons, Greg O'Shea, Stephen Fitzgerald started for under-20's loss to Connacht.
    They should be all playing AIL if not involved with any munster team

Comment

Any reason why there are so many inactive players?

Comment

David Johnston played with Bohs in the centre v Belfast . Jamie Glynn came off the bench for Garryowen v Snn

I don't know about the rest

its a joke Academy players can't train with clubs on Tuesdays nights !

there only allowed train on Thursday

It's hard for a player to prove himself if he's only allowed train once a week .

It also quite unfair for club players who don't get selected but still train twice or 3 times a week because an academy player takes there place

Comment

Originally posted by Bertiebear View Post
          David Johnston played with Bohs in the centre v Belfast . Jamie Glynn came off the bench for Garryowen v Snn

I don't know about the rest

its a joke Academy players can't train with clubs on Tuesdays nights !

there only allowed train on Thursday

It's hard for a player to prove himself if he's only allowed train once a week .

It also quite unfair for club players who don't get selected but still train twice or 3 times a week because an academy player takes there place
          Unfair????
          This is the foothills of pwofesinnel spohrt
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Would training with an AIL club mess with their academy s&c program though?
            The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
              Any reason why there are so many inactive players?
              Could it be that the effort to stick two stone on them dictates their activity levels and makes the organisation want to keep then free of injury?

Hard to imagine that guys could get through that physical curve playing every week.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                Could it be that the effort to stick two stone on them dictates their activity levels and makes the organisation want to keep then free of injury?

Hard to imagine that guys could get through that physical curve playing every week.
                The general bating and return to earth style of abuse they'd experience is often a contributory factor to creating 'smart' players at higher levels.

Playing plenty AIL has never, ever done a young or fringe Munster player any harm at all.
                I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  The general bating and return to earth style of abuse they'd experience is often a contributory factor to creating 'smart' players at higher levels.

Playing plenty AIL has never, ever done a young or fringe Munster player any harm at all.
                  I'd bet it is. I'm just wondering if the extreme curve navigated in weight gain at a certain point in their careers mean they basically spend a lot of time in a more "pre-season" regime. It's generally accepted (or at least my lay understanding is that it is accepted!) that it's difficult to achieve weight gain while maintaining the levels of CV activity and fitness that are needed to be playing week in week out, which is why beyond a certain point players only gain in the off season.

With someone like Nagle, for instance, I'd guess you have to strike the right balance between having him playing and locking him the gym feeding him chicken 18 hours a day.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by PARISHMAN1970 View Post
                    They should be all playing AIL if not involved with any munster team
                    No one in any kind of professional setup should be allowed play against amateurs.

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                      No one in any kind of professional setup should be allowed play against amateurs.
                      The AIL is amateur only in name.. Academy lads should be playing as much AIL as possible, of course some lads especially if they are just starting the academy need to spend time reshaping their bodies and making gains.

Comment

Jamie Glynn is going to really struggle to get ahead of Neil Cronin for me. Cronin is a class scrumhalf.

I also see Gearoid Lyons benching every week if not playing 20s with Young Munster having Willie Staunton/Ben MArtin/Kolio Hifo/Shane O Leary for 10 and all cover 12 with Dan Goggin barring Martin.

Strange for him to leave Shannon altho they were terrible against Garryowen so may have seen that coming.......

Comment

Originally posted by Bromance View Post
                          Jamie Glynn is going to really struggle to get ahead of Neil Cronin for me. Cronin is a class scrumhalf.

I also see Gearoid Lyons benching every week if not playing 20s with Young Munster having Willie Staunton/Ben MArtin/Kolio Hifo/Shane O Leary for 10 and all cover 12 with Dan Goggin barring Martin.

Strange for him to leave Shannon altho they were terrible against Garryowen so may have seen that coming.......
                          Jamie Glynn has played division 1A last two years and started on UCD under 20 all Ireland winning team year before, he's a 9 with a good all round game with little weaknesses. Good prospect. Haven't seen much of Neil Cronin, but hear hes a top player also. back up at 9 is a very big problem that needs to be addressed in next 12 months, hopefully our 9s in the academy will go well in the B and I cup.

Comment

Originally posted by nuke View Post
                            I'd be inclined to agree in many cases based on some of the games I've watched. Even in the backs a lot of them are 2 stone heavier then their direct opponents. Outside 1A the physical mis-matches get extreme.
                            I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Bromance View Post

Bad decision out of him. Shannon didn't want him to go but the pressure put on him and other young fellas by YM was absolutely crazy and constant. Have Munsters ANY players that they brought through their own system?

Comment

Working...
                              X