Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indo Article

David Kelly in his article here refers to Munster as a "franchise"

I think we should mount a campaign in his Comments section to put him right.

Just Kelly on one of his usuals. He seems to have been given the Farrelly desk.

Comment

No point in campaigning, just send an email to the 6 readers.
      Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

That article was typical of modern journalism......nothing to really report so we'll just rehash the last weeks articles which all said the same thing anyway. Oh and throw in the team for tonights game at the end. Job done, column filled.
        Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

This is taking being an anal retentive to a new level; do you just go around looking for things to get upset about?
          Cheap Imitation Old Dog

Comment

Originally posted by Hector Salamanca View Post
            This is taking being an anal retentive to a new level; do you just go around looking for things to get upset about?
            My Spidey ironing sense are tingling.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

We are reconnecting with the bitterness Hector be afraid very afraid. The world and the Dublin media against us once again.
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                David Kelly in his article here refers to Munster as a "franchise"

I think we should mount a campaign in his Comments section to put him right.

If you want to mount a campaign may I recommend not read the Indo paper or their website
                \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

I continue to be surprised . . . . week in week out . . .at how many people read that rag of a publication.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pot-kettle-black.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	2480093

Comment

If not actually a franchise Irish provinces share some the traits of a franchise.

Controlled entry. IRFU decides how many teams exist. Dolphin or Cork Con cant decide to enter the Pro 12 even if they could get the finances together.

Assigned territories. Provinces are given the counties of the historical provinces.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]9968[/ATTACH]
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	racist.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.9 KB
ID:	2480095
                        Last edited by Hector Salamanca; 12th-September-2014, 12:53.
                        Cheap Imitation Old Dog

Comment

it would only be racist if the pot wasnt black
                          "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Can we be described, technically, as a franchise? NFL sides are franchises of the NFL, likewise for NBA, NHL, etc. Could be described as a franchise of the IRFU?

Whatever about franchise, it's interesting how club has worked itself into being an acceptable term for the provinces over the last few years. Still feels a little wrong.
                            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by overthehillprop View Post
                              If you want to mount a campaign may I recommend not read the Indo paper or their website
                              You have to do more than that, if you are stumbling home from the pub late any night and see a bunch of newly printed Irish independents adorning a shops doorway be sure to horse the whole bundle into a nearby skip.

got to protect others from the horsesh1t in that paper.

Comment

Working...
                              X