Madigan to Munster?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madigan to Munster?

Could it happen ? Should it happen ? As a 10/12. Would he get more time here ? Would he be happy at IC ? Does it not make perfect sense ? Could we handle another Jackeen !?

put a question mark in the thread title
    I am the million man.

Comment

No. No. Possibly. Probably not. No. Yes.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

They get Zane, Kane n Johnny Cash and we get Madser. The looks fine, from a Lansdowne Rd perspective anyway.
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

He will likely be in Thomond Park just after Christmas if that's of any benefit
          I am the million man.

Comment

Won't work , I've heard that all the boys are shaving there head if the lose this weekend . Love the look do
            employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
            beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
            who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
            we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

Can we expect to see this thread title in a headline soon so?
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Would he be allowed to keep cowboy's aristocratic name for him?

Comment

Competition for Duncan could only be a good thing.
                  The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                    Whammy
                    I am the million man.

Comment

I think it would be a good move for him and Munster. If we are going to wait around until January, to see if Tyler recovers or not, then we may as well write off this season as another learning experience. I think Madigan could do a good job for Munster and he certainly would be a handy replacement goal kicker, if Keatley is not performing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
                        The dream team pairing
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

It might not be an outlandish suggestion. Looking at O'Connor's quotes from yesterday, it sounds like he isn't sold on Madigan as a 12, and it's clear he rates Gopperth as a better option for 10. So, when Sexton returns, the writing will be on the wall. Even if Gopperth moves on (not sure if he signed a two or three-year deal when he pitched up), Madigan faces being second choice 10 in perpetuity, with perhaps occasional outings at 12.

If moving to Munster was pitched to him (and the IRFU) as making him first-choice 12, but no doubt being used at 10 on occasion, well, then, who knows. Stranger things have happened, but it's starting to look like his face doesn't fit under O'Connor, and that's the X factor that might just make it a runner.

Would it be good for Munster? Well, if Bleyendaal arrives in the end, it might not make a massive amount of sense, unless we put all the out-half eggs in the JJ basket and send Keatley on his way. 3 into 2 can work for the 10/12 axis (if we go for a ball player at 12), but 4 into 2 would be trickier to manage. Great for depth, yes, and bloody handy when the inevitable injuries hit, but in terms of the playing budget, it might be harder to justify.

Ultimately, I wouldn't hold my breath, but will be observing Madigan's game-time situation this season (particularly in the big matches) with curiosity...

Comment

Play making 12 is the vogue in rugby, Madigan is a real playmaker(although his generosity with the ball needs improving)
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Madigan should move to Connacht at the end of the season. They've got some seriously good young backs and a coach who likes to run the ball. Aside from Noel Reid and zero-hours part-timer Luke Fitzgerald, Leinster's backs are all straight-line boshers. Combine that with a decent pack and they'll be kicking the ball away for the next few years. Madigan would do well at Connacht, who can't kick for the corners or rely on their forwards. He'll be able to do those fancy chips from behind his own line and cultivate a windswept, interesting personality instead of getting attention-seeking haircuts.

Comment

Working...
                              X