*Munster sign Eusebio Guinazu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Munster sign Eusebio Guinazu

Munster Rugby can today confirm the signing of Argentinian hooker Eusebio Guinazu on a four-month contract.

Eusebio*will join the province later in the month subject to obtaining a work permit and passing the normal medical procedures.With*Mike Sherry*on the long-term injury list following a recent shoulder surgery the 32-year-old Argentinian has been recruited on a short-term contract.Guinazu has just completed two seasons at Premiership outfit Bath Rugby and he has previously played for French clubs Biarritz and Toulouse and Super Rugby side the Stormers.The Mendoza-born international has 36 caps for his country and featured for Argentina in the 2013 Rugby Championship campaign.

Commenting on the signing*Head Coach Anthony Foley*said, "We need to hit the ground running this season and to do this we need to have a full complement of players available to us.*We have short-term setbacks with Niall Scannell rehabbing from wrist injury and Damien Varley managing a foot injury, but with Sherry ruled out until next year it is great that we can call on the services of an experienced versatile player such as Eusebio. His availability will certainly help us get through the opening period of the season."In other squad news*Cian Bohane*will undergo a scan tomorrow after sustaining a knee injury on Friday night in Munster's victory against London Irish at the Waterford RSC.

Name:*Eusebio Guinazu
    Position:*Hooker
    Honours:*Argentina
    Date of birth:*15th Jan 1982
    Birthplace:*Mendoza, Argentina
    Height:*1.8m (5' 11")Weight:*114kg (17st 13lb)
    "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Great news! Has test ability and played for some big clubs.

Welcome Eusebio
    I am the million man.

Comment

I hear he's rubbish at opening email attachments which was a big plus for the management.
      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

What class of a thrower is our Eusebio? I asks myself.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Can't wait to hear his name mangled on the Thomond Park p.a system as the game is about to start

'No.16. Eduardo......Guiney'
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Can't wait to hear his name mangled on the Thomond Park p.a system as the game is about to start

This must be a new record to a nickname?
            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

MUST
              be able to play for ireland with a surname like that.
              The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post

MUST

Would he be one of the Guineys from Dublin, you know - the shop people

Comment

His missus has lovely curtains.
                  The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

MUST
                    Not if he's on the gravy train. Sorry i'll get my coat.
                    I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

His missus has lovely curtains.
                      Steady now
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Thought Casey has done well since he got his chance. Hopefully he continues to do so.
                        "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Zeboo and Zeebo has a nice ring to it.
                          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

So is he a green, orange or red?
                            "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Has it occured to you he may not be of the Celtic race.

Comment

Working...
                              X