X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well this is Awkward...

From Sindo:http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-30549225.html

On Wednesday, the report, detailing comments on each player, was emailed to all squad members. Some of the comments were highly critical, and, in a couple of instances, personalised, the Sunday Independent understands.

The document also revealed through colour-coding whether the management considered each player to be first choice or second choice and, in the case of one player, questioned why he was even in the squad at all. It is understood the issue of contracts was also mentioned.

Click image for larger version

Name:	oh-jesus.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.2 KB
ID:	2497534
    Last edited by busby; 31st-August-2014, 02:29.
    "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Originally posted by busby View Post
    From Sindo:http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-30549225.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9872[/ATTACH]
    Nothing like a crisis to concentrate the mind.
    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

A bynote to the story is the departure of Adam Trypas as head of fitness.

His departed Catalan Dragons in January 2014. The reporting of his departure on the BBC just noted "with immediate effect".

I see he is being succeeded by Aled Walters who is already on the books.

Comment

"Mentally weak" & "on gravy train" ...... fairly blunt!
        "Hell, I'm not saying I'm an angel, but when it came to dirty tricks I couldn't hold a candle to the Irish Mafia" Jimmy Hoffa

Comment

Not sure why that sort of assessment would ever be out down in writing. Guaranteed to leak as soon as you finish writing it.
          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
            Not sure why that sort of assessment would ever be out down in writing. Guaranteed to leak as soon as you finish writing it.
            There's the rub
            Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Anyone thinking the local boys taking over the team management would all be best mates with the players can see the real toughness now.

Cards are marked.

Comment

It wouldn't be the first time that something was "accidentally" released to give a few people a kick in the hole.
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
                  Anyone thinking the local boys taking over the team management would all be best mates with the players can see the real toughness now.

Cards are marked.
                  Are you for real ! This is very serious and players are taking legal advice on it at the moment.
                  The lack of confidence between players in this group will be very difficult to fix.
                  The talk from the players is that someone must take a fall for it.
                  Mind blowing amateur management involved here and could have serious knock on's for the players involved getting future employment.

Comment

45, 110, call it what you will.
                    The Joker is out early.
                    Last edited by ustix; 31st-August-2014, 09:34.
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by gerwebb View Post
                      Are you for real ! This is very serious and players are taking legal advice on it at the moment.
                      The lack of confidence between players in this group will be very difficult to fix.
                      The talk from the players is that someone must take a fall for it.
                      Mind blowing amateur management involved here and could have serious knock on's for the players involved getting future employment.
                      Players are taking legal advice on leaked performance reviews. Seriously?

Someone attaches a review accidentally to an email that does not translate into "mind blowing amateur management" Take it easy with that broad brush you are using....
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

That's real stupid
                        My computer thinks I'm gay
                        What's the difference anyway
                        When all the people do all day
                        Is stare into a phone

Comment

I take it it was A Trypas who sent out the review? or is there more to come out..
                          Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

Comment

Might not be any harm to let the players know where they stand in writing. It might inspire them.
                            On the other hand it could blow up in Foley's face. I don't think that will happen though. The players are professionals and will get on with it.

Comment

It seemed to work out ok for them performance wise against LI but you"d worry if it were to cause a split or clique within the team long term
                              Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

Comment

Working...
                              X