Who will be Munster's next star player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who will be Munster's next star player?

POC, POM, Murray, Earls and Zebo are the 5 players I would consider to be Munster's "stars"

Who will join them next?

Stander or Cronin I reckon
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

It would want to be JJ or Keats this year, I think. We're too long trying to be a top European side without an international 10, imo.

Had high hopes for TOD last year as well - hoping he makes that step this season instead.

On the back of the tail end of last season though, it's Stander or Copeland.
      "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Cronin
        My computer thinks I'm gay
        What's the difference anyway
        When all the people do all day
        Is stare into a phone

Comment

Copeland.

Comment

Don't think it'll be Cronin.
            With Killer currently ahead of him and on Fire, he won't get the opportunity.
            The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
            Originally posted by joconnell
            If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

Comment

Killer is a fine player too, Cronin just has that Claw like manic aggression side to his game that I think will nudge him ahead
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Cronin is devious, don't see it all that often in the pro game, especially in one so young.
                I am the million man.

Comment

This is Johne Murphy's year. You heard it here first.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                    Cronin is devious, don't see it all that often in the pro game, especially in one so young.
                    but not cute, once he sorts that he may slip ahead of Killer but he's behind for now, I reckon Killer after starting last season far too slowly won't let Joe forget him again.

If Dave Foley can kick on again, I'd go with him.

Comment

Originally posted by bazzyg View Post
                      but not cute, once he sorts that he may slip ahead of Killer but he's behind for now, I reckon Killer after starting last season far too slowly won't let Joe forget him again.
                      Talking of slips I prefer cronin in the scrum - way more stable than killer. Killer is maybe trying to get too much extension in his hit (even though this was supposed to be kind of removed?) and seems to lose his feet an awful lot leading to the penalty lottery. Cronin might be a bit shorter but seems to have a way more consistent engage and the scrum is a lot more stable on his side.
                      The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Originally posted by joconnell View Post
                        Talking of slips I prefer cronin in the scrum - way more stable than killer. Killer is maybe trying to get too much extension in his hit (even though this was supposed to be kind of removed?) and seems to lose his feet an awful lot leading to the penalty lottery. Cronin might be a bit shorter but seems to have a way more consistent engage and the scrum is a lot more stable on his side.
                        This sounds great, but I can't recall many incidents like it. When penalised, Kilcoyne doesn't lose his feet, he goes head first into the turf. He gets penalised for hinging more often than anything else. In the HC semi-final, he was penalised three times for not taking the hit and going down under pressure before the ball was in. This is of course an arguable non-offence, but it was also definitely not Kilcoyne extending the hit that got him penalised either.

Comment

Duncan Williams will play himself into the starting 9 jersey against denglish and dfrench next February. Guaranteed.

Comment

With the sidelining of Sherry until after the new year D Casey has a shot of putting himself forward into the spotlight
                            Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                              This sounds great, but I can't recall many incidents like it. When penalised, Kilcoyne doesn't lose his feet, he goes head first into the turf. He gets penalised for hinging more often than anything else. In the HC semi-final, he was penalised three times for not taking the hit and going down under pressure before the ball was in. This is of course an arguable non-offence, but it was also definitely not Kilcoyne extending the hit that got him penalised either.
                              Is that something he's learned from Botha? He always seems to drop if he doesn't fancy his engage.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                              X