Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• galinka
    replied
    I don't have a problem with Fridays! Means I can keep Saturdays free for round ball viewing!!

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    I do that in reverse for almost all matches. Still pissed off about the Fridays as a result, I can make Saturdays but probably goosed now for Fridays
    It's folk like you that I really feel for, those that would attend games regardless of opposition or the make up of the Munster team. I think it's obvious that the Friday ko is foisted on Munster by TV and will certainly test the marketing people of MR.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
    I live less than 10 mins from Thomond Park, I work in the city, for Fri night games in Cork I can usually finish early so season tickets aren't a problem for me.

For last night's game I left Limerick city at 15:30, pulled in four fuel & coffee to go on the way, parked near Wfd RSC at 17:45.

2.25hrs to travel 130kms is crazy, I can get from my house to the Aviva in that time.

Friday night games in Thomond are going to a hard sell outside the catchment area.
    I do that in reverse for almost all matches. Still pissed off about the Fridays as a result, I can make Saturdays but probably goosed now for Fridays

Leave a comment:

• Red October
    replied
    I had to head for West Cork yesterday from North Tipp; down and back. The road between Limerick and Cork is quite frankly, outrageous. A fella prone to wearing tinfoil hats wouldn't be long wondering if it were not this way by design.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
    Welcome to our world.
    I travel down to Cork for all the Pro12 games too, even the ones the Cork guys complain about getting.

I empathise with anyone who would like to get to a home game but can't for whatever reason.

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    I live less than 10 mins from Thomond Park, I work in the city, for Fri night games in Cork I can usually finish early so season tickets aren't a problem for me.

For last night's game I left Limerick city at 15:30, pulled in four fuel & coffee to go on the way, parked near Wfd RSC at 17:45.

2.25hrs to travel 130kms is crazy, I can get from my house to the Aviva in that time.

Friday night games in Thomond are going to a hard sell outside the catchment area.
    Welcome to our world.

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
    You're a bit thick.

Paddy, when you get to Fiddown on the N24 you can take the road for Portlaw, go over the Suir and turn left follow the road until you get to the roundabout at Kilmeaden, take the DC for Wa'aford. Get off at the first junction (West, Passage East, Dunmore, Tramore) and take the Outer Ring Road (R710), go through two roundabouts and you get to the Cork Rd/Butlerstown Roundabout. Take the first exit and run in along the Cork Road.

You could travel the length of the N24 and then take the N25 Westbound, go though the toll and take the first exit after the toll and follow the above directions.

I wouldn't bother dodging the toll and going through the city, unless you really know your way around the back streets.
    You're settling in well boy :)

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    You're a bit thick.

Paddy, when you get to Fiddown on the N24 you can take the road for Portlaw, go over the Suir and turn left follow the road until you get to the roundabout at Kilmeaden, take the DC for Wa'aford. Get off at the first junction (West, Passage East, Dunmore, Tramore) and take the Outer Ring Road (R710), go through two roundabouts and you get to the Cork Rd/Butlerstown Roundabout. Take the first exit and run in along the Cork Road.

You could travel the length of the N24 and then take the N25 Westbound, go though the toll and take the first exit after the toll and follow the above directions.

I wouldn't bother dodging the toll and going through the city, unless you really know your way around the back streets.
    You're settling in well boy :)

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    You're a bit thick...
    Better than being obtuse.

Leave a comment:

• The Word Is Born
    replied
    Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
    Turn left onto the M7, and go through the tunnel?
    You're a bit thick.

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    For the friendly next week, how best ot get the ground from the N24.
    Turn left onto the M7, and go through the tunnel?

Leave a comment:

• Paddy Whac
    replied
    For the friendly next week, how best ot get the ground from the N24.

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Give ye a floury bap and a bottle of stout, ye'd put the shackles on yourselves.

Leave a comment:

• Waterfordlad
    replied
    [QUOTE=Sportsground;1405278]
    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Your being a bit disingenuous here i don't know anyone else who claims that Waterford is the same size as Limerick with a straight face. If you read the other figures in that same CSO table it also says the population of Dublin is 600,000 which is not the case. The population of cities is really the city plus suburbs i.e urban area so the population of Limerick for the electoral role is 102,161 pg.81 http://www.boundarycommittee.ie/reports/2013-Report.pdf and Waterford is 65,928 pg.125

With regards to parish pump politics the notion a town of 65,000 people deserves its own institute of technology,motorway,hospital or international airport when Dublin and Cork are so close is just ludicrous. All these things should be in centers with adequate transport links to allow for economies of scale.
    You can take our institute of technology,motorway,hospital and international airport but ye'll never take our Freedom

Leave a comment:

Working...
X