Season Ticket- waste of money if not form Limerick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season Ticket- waste of money if not form Limerick

Just saw the opening times for the first 13 rounds. 4 out of first five fixtures at home on a Friday night.

For those who work a Monday to Friday and don't live in Limerick will struggle to these make games.

I'm living in Dublin and buy my season ticket every year. You'll always miss one or 2 games for a friday night but having most of our home games on a Friday sucks. No doubt we will get a few Euro games on a Friday too.

Sorry for the rant. Just getting sick of the TV and sponsors deciding everything

Completely agree with that, it's frustrating as a Munster fan living in Tipperary that Munster only think about their Limerick supporters when it comes to these things and don't offer any form of transport for MRSC members from the counties outside Limerick especially those Friday night pro12 games and also it's annoying when you want become a full member of MRSC that Munster make you buy multiple STs alongside it in order to become a full member.

Comment

Friday night fixtures are a pain in the hole.
      I'm everything they say I am
      I'm so bad baby I don't care

Comment

Originally posted by nic-nic View Post
        Completely agree with that, it's frustrating as a Munster fan living in Tipperary that Munster only think about their Limerick supporters when it comes to these things and don't offer any form of transport for MRSC members from the counties outside Limerick especially those Friday night pro12 games and also it's annoying when you want become a full member of MRSC that Munster make you buy multiple STs alongside it in order to become a full member.
        Munster don't set the fixtures, I don't know why you are blaming them? They have publicly objected to Friday evening kick offs previously, but it fell on deaf ears. Blame the broadcasters, they set the schedules.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
          Munster don't set the fixtures, I don't know why you are blaming them? They have publicly objected to Friday evening kick offs previously, but it fell on deaf ears. Blame the broadcasters, they set the schedules.
          I'm not really criticising munster, I know that they have no control over these things but why can't they set up a bus for MRSC members to travel to and from games in?

Comment

Originally posted by nic-nic View Post
            I'm not really criticising munster, I know that they have no control over these things but why can't they set up a bus for MRSC members to travel to and from games in?
            They have tried that countless times and not once has a bus been even close to full.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
            RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

MRSC have tried on several occasions to run buses, but only 1 man & his dog bought the tickets.
              I would think that trying to get funding in the current climate to try it again, is going to be a very hard sell.

Comment

They have tried that countless times and not once has a bus been even close to full.
                Oh right, didn't know that, so what do you suggest then?
                (Not being sarcastic)

Comment

#

The broadcasters hardly set the Munster Zebre match to clash with the Connacht Leinster match, did they?

Comment

I'm from Cork, and it's pretty well impossible for me to make a Friday evening ko in Limerick. And If I don't make it, we're stuck with TG4.
                    I was so optimistic at the start of the season, but we've been rolled over in every respect on this one. Has Munster management any say in the fixtures. So much for the Saturday afternoon gigs on SKY.
                    Looks like we got the butt end!
                    Very, very sorry I bought a season ticket, but lesson learned.
                    I'm fed up of Munster fans being tossed about.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
                      #

The broadcasters hardly set the Munster Zebre match to clash with the Connacht Leinster match, did they?
                      remember sky sports has been added to the broadcasters list so that just further complicates matters. Previously RTE v TG4 wasn't allowed.. i.e. TG4 couldn't show a game at the same time RTE2 were, but i doubt $ky $sports would have that agreement.
                      Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

Originally posted by Grasshopper View Post
                        I'm from Cork, and it's pretty well impossible for me to make a Friday evening ko in Limerick. And If I don't make it, we're stuck with TG4.
                        I was so optimistic at the start of the season, but we've been rolled over in every respect on this one. Has Munster management any say in the fixtures. So much for the Saturday afternoon gigs on SKY.
                        Looks like we got the butt end!
                        Very, very sorry I bought a season ticket, but lesson learned.
                        I'm fed up of Munster fans being tossed about.
                        We're "stuck with TG4"? Well, there's plenty would prefer to watch for free than pay for Sky Sports so I don't think that's a valid complaint.

The Friday evening kick off times are a pain in the hole for anybody outside Limerick though.

Comment

Originally posted by lahinch_lass View Post
                          remember sky sports has been added to the broadcasters list so that just further complicates matters. Previously RTE v TG4 wasn't allowed.. i.e. TG4 couldn't show a game at the same time RTE2 were, but i doubt $ky $sports would have that agreement.
                          No broadcaster listed for Munster v Zebre, TG4 have a direct clash as Piquet has said and all of Sky's Pro 12 Matches are scheduled for Saturdays. Unless an Italian station are sending a crew, this wasn't set by TV schedule.

Comment

BTW those bitching about friday night games in Thomond park - you now know how those of us north of Limerick felt about the friday night fixtures in Musgrave park. I stopped getting the combined-venue season ticket after 2 seasons of *every* game in cork being set for friday nights.
                            Plato: \"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.\"

Comment

I'm guessing, and it may be arrogant thinking on my part, that the broadcasters put Munster in the not as favorable time slots as they will get viewing figures from a loyal fan-base and they don't care if Munster sells out those games as long as they get the viewing figures on TV.

As far as a suggestion in lieu of buses from around the province why not set up a car-pool thread here where if the stars align supporters from around the province could ride-share to games, sharing petrol costs etc. Not revolutionary thinking but just a suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                              X