• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster Rugby strategic plan 2014-17

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/files/dow...4_17_loRes.pdf

Good to see the goals and ambitions outlined
    I am the million man.

Looks like renaming ******* Park is off the agenda. Funny that.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
      No TWIB, it's listed among the "Detailed Objectives" on Page 10.

Page 8 is confusing, at least to me. It lists
      "Finish in the top four every year of regular competition with one outright win." With a target season of 2016-7 for the outright win.
      and "Qualify each year for the play offs of the European Competition with one outright win." with a target year of 2016-7 for that outright win also.

Does that mean that Munster aren't planning on winning these Tournaments in either of the next two seasons?

Also how can it be in the Strategic plan to " Provide >30% of any Irish National team i.e. Ireland, Wolfhounds etc."?
      That's up to Joe, isn't it?

Comment

Yeah, seems that they're looking at naming of individual stands instead.

To develop the following potential new income
        streams;
        -
        Academy Patronage
        -
        Digital income
        -
        Diaspora events
        -
        High Performance Institute
        -
        Thomond Park Stand Naming
        -
        Training Centre patronage
        -
        Ambassadorial role

EDIT - posted that without having seen your post Piquet but on re-reading it still looks to me like they're talking about the naming of individual stands rather than the entire stadium. It does say under the "outcomes" section
        "Sponsorship model optimised whereby
        income has increased to €2.35M per
        annum"
        but perhaps/presumably they reckon that's achievable via stand naming as well as the patronage of the Academy, Training Centre and the Digital income (whatever that's going to be).
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Re the "Outright win", I read that as an intention to win each competition outright between now and 2017 at least once, whether that happens in 2015, 2016 or 2017 - but that in each of those years we should have a top 4 placing in the Pro12 and make it into the knockouts of the nuHEC.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

2 faced cowards.

Comment

Or maybe not. There are different business models. Naming stands may ensure some revenue rather than none.

Comment

My eyes have been assaulted by the font used for the headings, I found it hard to read any further. Do they not review these things before publishing?

Comment

Ya the biggest problem is the font
                  clowns

Comment

Would hope that those who have to implement this plan have a more detailed and step by step plan . Taking the target of making the play-offs , the only staged target is to win all home matches . Based on last year a points total of 70-75 is needed to make top 4 and 80 points for home semi and 82 for top spot . Winning all home games just gives 44-55 points , a far better target would have been to win 18 matches , the number required to get a home semi .

Comment

Originally posted by outside inside View Post
                      Would hope that those who have to implement this plan have a more detailed and step by step plan . Taking the target of making the play-offs , the only staged target is to win all home matches . Based on last year a points total of 70-75 is needed to make top 4 and 80 points for home semi and 82 for top spot . Winning all home games just gives 44-55 points , a far better target would have been to win 18 matches , the number required to get a home semi .
                      I think what they are saying is that losing at home is a no-no (which happened a few times this year).

Comment

Increasing customer experience is a key initiative......Customer Experience....lord save us !!!

Comment

No team in the league won all their home matches last season. Leinster came closest with ten wins and a draw and topped the table.

If you're playing well enough to win all your home matches, the away wins will follow in sufficient numbers to put you at or very close to the top of the table.

Last season Munster lost at home twice, gaining one point. Had they won both those games they would have finished up at least seven points higher on 81 points, one behind Leinster.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                            Increasing customer experience is a key initiative......Customer Experience....lord save us !!!
                            Surely you seek to improve or enhance Customer experience.....hardly to Increase it.
                            Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
                              Surely you seek to improve or enhance Customer experience.....hardly to Increase it.
                              I want quantity, not quality! Gimme MOAR experience damnit!!! Dancing girls, piped music, a fat fella in drag, fireworks, all that stuff!!!!! It's the future!!!!!!!!!!!

(Gimme more exclamation marks too. They add excitement.)

Comment

Working...
                              X