Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Downey goes to Glasgow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    James Downey goes to Glasgow

    Thought Downey was retiring but just saw he's off to Glasgow
    should we have kept him?

    #2
    No, we shouldn't have. We didn't utilize his talents properly while he was here. Plus he's not good enough for the very top level. He's slow and not very skillful. He gave his all while he was here, but we need better than him in the centres.

    Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

    Comment


      #3
      Glad to see he is continuing in rugby! best of luck Jimmy, Glasgow muck-rugby will suit his talents
      I am the million man.

      Comment


        #4
        Best of luck Jizzy D, hope it works out for you.
        "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

        Comment


          #5
          James is a solid hard trucking centre, not his fault we never properly utilized his abilities. Wish him well with his new club
          Con Artist

          Comment


            #6
            Best of luck to him, a great guy by all accounts. He's done well for himself getting a two year deal.

            I have a suspicion he'll look a lot better for Glasgow next season than he did for us..

            Comment


              #7
              2 more years at a Top Celtic league club is a bit of a surprise, but all the best to James. An honest player.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by bugler View Post
                Best of luck to him, a great guy by all accounts. He's done well for himself getting a two year deal.

                I have a suspicion he'll look a lot better for Glasgow next season than he did for us..
                Never a truer word spoken.
                I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
                  Never a truer word spoken.
                  Having mannix a few hundred miles away will help too.
                  clowns

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                    James is a solid hard trucking centre, not his fault we never properly utilized his abilities. Wish him well with his new club
                    Agree. What a waste of money to bring in a guy like Downey to then purely use him as a decoy runner. Constantly skip passing 12 only closes down space out wide, which was closed down even further with a lateral runner like Laulala. It was really only in defence that Downey earned his corn. Didn't score a try till almost the end of this season.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      well done james, delighted he got a 2 year deal so close to home. His family will be delighted. He deserves to do well (but not when glasgow are playing Munster)

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Ropaire View Post
                        Agree. What a waste of money to bring in a guy like Downey to then purely use him as a decoy runner. Constantly skip passing 12 only closes down space out wide, which was closed down even further with a lateral runner like Laulala. It was really only in defence that Downey earned his corn. Didn't score a try till almost the end of this season.
                        Will you go out and enjoy the sunshine you f*cking clown?
                        When things go wrong, blame McGahan

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Hey, best of luck to the guy. Was under utilized in Munster, still put in some solid defensive efforts. All the best in Glasgow
                          Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
                          Aint nothin I would rather do,
                          Goin down, party time,
                          My friends are gonna be there too

                          I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hope he wont come back to haunt us over next 2 seasons playing for Glasgow!

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by oilean View Post
                              Hope he wont come back to haunt us over next 2 seasons playing for Glasgow!
                              nah! We know what he is and more importantly isn't capable of.
                              Mumha Abu

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X