Ospreys Vs Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ospreys Vs Munster

Well the quarter finals over so we better get onto our next game against the Hairsprays. There deosnt seem to be any build up to this game on any of the sites yet, Wonder now with no internationals or HC games will Kidney put out a full strenght side or continue blooding our fringe players.

Might as well start blooding. Ospreys are still in with a shout of the title, and have the ladies at home also, and myuch as I'd like to derail them , we have to think of the future.I'd like to see a bit of experimentation in the backs anyway, as the second string forwards have had plenty of run-outs. Keith Earls should be given his chance on the wing. Maybe Carney should get another chance on the other wing also, but after he has found his union feet a bit, there would be no harm giving him a run in the centre or else maybe even full-back against Glasgow or the Dragons towrads the end of the season.
    Unrepentant Langer

Comment

Would you be happy to see the team that beat Ulster out, i think that would be good to get some continuity into that side. I agree that Keith Earls should get some game time before the end of the season

Comment

Lobbing a durty big spanner in the Hairspray gears would salve the pain of last weekend just a bit. I've trouble thinking of a side I enjoy us beating more
        Is minic a bhris béal duine a shróin

Comment

Originally posted by Sarsfield
          Lobbing a durty big spanner in the Hairspray gears would salve the pain of last weekend just a bit. I've trouble thinking of a side I enjoy us beating more
          Absolutely, can't stand them. Giving them a thumping in the Liberty would certainly make me feel better about the world [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Comment

It would be no harm. Trying to recollect now, but I think backline that night was TO'L, Hickey, Halstead, Mafi, Carney, Murphy and Cullen. We know what Trev can do, but don't know whether he will be around doing it next year, same with Mafi. Well as they did that night, it still desperatley needs something new, and would be a great opportunity for Earls. If we can give him a run-out for the rest of the season, ye nveer know how he might change the next season, like Halstead and Murphy changed last season for us. Not that I wast tohave too much expecation placed on the young fella.
            Unrepentant Langer

Comment

Originally posted by Kerry-Exile
              Absolutely, can't stand them. Giving them a thumping in the Liberty would certainly make me feel better about the world [img]smileys/biggrin.gif[/img]

Possible XV for Saturday

Hayes Fla Hurley
              DOC Ryan
              McGann Leamy Quinlan (C)

Stringer Manning
              TOL Halstead Murphy Carney/Earls
              Lawlor/Hickey

Comment

Carney should only be considered for winger - he wont have the handling or passing skills for any other position. Anyway he's a finisher & belongs on the wing. Would like to see Earls given a go this season - dont see any reason not to, especially given the lack of pace in the current back three. TOL should be given more game time on the wing also, one of the quickest backs in the squad.

Comment

Possible XV for Saturday

Hayes Fla Hurley
                  DOC Ryan
                  McGann Leamy Quinlan (C)

Stringer Manning
                  TOL Halstead Murphy Carney/Earls
                  Lawlor/Hickey
                  Well if we're going down the fringe players route id try earls on the left with Carney on the right. and JOS for Leamy. Has Hickey played fullback?

Comment

Originally posted by r2828
                    Carney should only be considered for winger - he wont have the handling or passing skills for any other position.
                    [img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img][img]smileys/lol.gif[/img]

Yeah those league players, renowned for terrible ball skills.

Seriously, are you for real? Do you ever watch league, the level of knock ons makes Magners League rugby look like something school kids play.
                    Kiva - Loans That Change Lives

Comment

Well if we're going down the fringe players route id try earls on the left with Carney on the right. and JOS for Leamy. Has Hickey played fullback?
                      I know what you mean but personally, I reckon to get the best out of the fringe, we need a spine of senior players there too, although JOS would hardly let us down. I'd prefer to have one more established wing there. Hickey has played fullback, in fact he looked fairly comfortable there when coming on there against Ulster at Musgrave

Comment

For us only in an emergency and temporarily too. He caught and kicked ok but offers feck all as a running threat (too slow) and wingers would race around him.

I'm finding it quite difficult to be in any way positive about the remainder of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Dermot G
                          Only in an emergency. He caught and kicked ok @@@@SPAN style="font-weight: bold;">but offers feck all as a running threat (too slow) and wingers would race around him@@@@/SPAN>.

I'd pick Cullen. He costs enough.
                          OK.

Seriously, Cullen's not going to be here next season, it's quite probable that Champers won't be either. Cullen's form at the moment is, to be bluntly honest, utter gash. At this moment, I'd prefer to see Lawlor there.

Comment

Carney was a winger in rugby league, offloading in rugby league is nowhere near the level in union, also as a winger he would not have the ability to say throw a skip pass off his bad hand - thats someting he'd have to work on. I cant see Carney ever being considered for any other position. I'd be amazed if Kidney ever plays him elsewhere!

Comment

I want to see a full strength team against the hairsprays.

Pride in the jersey has to be restored & we need a full team to do that.

Comment

Working...
                              X