The Guinness Pro12 14-15 Fixtures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragusa View Post
    Was Heineken also mooted as a possible New Sponsor for the Pro 12 ?
    It was mentioned on Off the Ball a few months back alright but I didn't hear anything about it since then.
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

I think Heineken should sponser Munster, for all the money we made them in the HCup.
      Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Anxious for fixtures am looking at a trip to N Italy Venice or Verona, would be great to get a Munster match whilst there.
        Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
          Anxious for fixtures am looking at a trip to N Italy Venice or Verona, would be great to get a Munster match whilst there.
          I think the delay in naming full fixture lists adds to the "tinpot" feeling of the Pro12 - its an international competition, and if they want fans to support the teams at away games (many of which need a flight/hotel) then it would be beneficial to announce these as early as possible

Comment

Originally posted by IrishPat View Post
            I think the delay in naming full fixture lists adds to the "tinpot" feeling of the Pro12 - its an international competition, and if they want fans to support the teams at away games (many of which need a flight/hotel) then it would be beneficial to announce these as early as possible
            Where is the delay?
            Is there any other Northern Hemisphere competition that has announced it's fixture list for 14/15?

Comment

Apologies - I should have been clearer.. The delay in announcing the actual dates, not just the weekend...

Comment

Apologies - I should have been clearer.. The delay in announcing the actual dates, not just the weekend...
                But they can't do that until the broadcasters all agree on them, which takes time. search last seasons thread for the very same queries and very same answers.

Comment

Then I return to my original point - makes away travel for an international tournament difficult to plan, and expensive to do...

Comment

Then I return to my original point - makes away travel for an international tournament difficult to plan, and expensive to do...
                    No, your original point was to degrade the league that Munster play in.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                      No, your original point was to degrade the league that Munster play in.
                      He's simply following Munster's lead ...

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                        I think Heineken should sponser Munster, for all the money we made them in the HCup.
                        Maybe we should sponsor Heineken for all the beer we had?
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                          He's simply following Munster's lead ...
                          there is part of that agree's with you.
                          We had two brain farts this year, which cost us a Home semi, and a real chance of winning the league.

One of those brain farts, was against Glasgow, but we did have THAT game the weekend before, and Glasgow were on the start of their run of good form, still it was the manner of the defeat.

Having the right players playing is almost outside of Munsters control as they are not the paymasters.

We were near the top of the league for the whole season, maybe we peaked too soon this year.

Comment

For the last 2 seasons the style of play was appalling & unless you are a diehard supporter, then was no incentive for the casual fan to go to games. We had great starts to the season, but our win/loss record at the business end was shocking.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                              there is part of that agree's with you.
                              We had two brain farts this year, which cost us a Home semi, and a real chance of winning the league.

One of those brain farts, was against Glasgow, but we did have THAT game the weekend before, and Glasgow were on the start of their run of good form, still it was the manner of the defeat.

Having the right players playing is almost outside of Munsters control as they are not the paymasters.

We were near the top of the league for the whole season, maybe we peaked too soon this year.
                              I'm kind of rehashing what's been done to death at end of season here, but... Of course we can't always get all of our first choice players onto the pitch. That is perfectly acceptable to me, because of the set up of Irish rugby.
                              What isn't acceptable is the attitude of the squad as a whole in the final games of the season. In particular, the home games against Glasgow and Ulster. That was simply unacceptable. There was a lot to play for, at least in the Glasgow game and there wasn't one **** given by the entire 23 that night. Some players in the squad seem quite happy to be squad players and not push to become first choice.
                              As somebody else pointed out in the Super Duper Cup thread. If we don't get out of our group next season, we'll be reaping what we sowed at this end of this season. We could have had a better draw, if the team had cared about the league. I'd much rather Glasgow's group than our own, no matter how glamourous the actual fixtures for next season are.
                              Anyway, people are bored of me giving out about this by now, I'm sure, so I'll try and move on.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                              RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.

Comment

If the team didn't care about the league, they wouldn't have won 16 games out of 22. Self-evidently.

Were there more than 10,000 people at the Glasgow match? It must be difficult to give a **** about the league when no-one turns up for a top-of-the-table clash that would have virtually ensured a home semi-final.

Comment

Working...
                                X