The Guinness Pro12 14-15 Fixtures

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Guinness Pro12 14-15 Fixtures

Thought we could pool all the information on next seasons league, including the sky sports coverage and the mysterious new title sponsor in the one place.

Hope to see Munster improve on their positioning and playoff standing next season, also think the recruiting that Dragons and the Blues have undertaken may make the welsh contingent far more competitive. Especially with merit based qualification for Europe.

Any news on the title sponsor?
    Last edited by Cowboy; 9th-July-2014, 19:36.
    I am the million man.

Would like to know when a fixture list is going to appear. Can't remember when it has normally happened (early August?) but I know I'm a bit previous at this stage.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I think the weekends are announced in July & the first half of fixtures set early august.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        I'm guessing the title sponsor will be up in the air until we find out what teams are playing in it. Maybe we'll go down the Super Duper route and have an array of secondary sponsors.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
          I'm guessing the title sponsor will be up in the air until we find out what teams are playing in it. Maybe we'll go down the Super Duper route and have an array of secondary sponsors.
          Can't remember where I heard it but Turkish Airlines was mentioned...

Comment

may be there ?
            http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugb...-30146952.html

Comment

It will be called the Pro 12, no matter what, so change the title of thread?

Comment

They could call it the Turkish Delight 12 for all I care.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by John Cooper Clarke View Post
                  They could call it the Turkish Delight 12 for all I care.
                  But it is in fact called the Pro12 and has been since the Italian teams joined. So there is no need to change the name of the thread no matter who if anyone, sponsors it.

I've always hated "deRabo" as a title as it always seemed to me that it chimed well with those who talked down the league as a lesser competition than the domestic league of England or France.

IMHO I think taking the league seriously means using it's proper name, at the very least. We all know from bitter experience that many of the palyers, past and present, as well as managers and fans have not seen it as a front rank competition.

Well it's time to wake up. If you want Munster to have a realistic shot at a European championship now, it starts with winning the Pro12.
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

I can't find a reputable source for this, but apparently:

Sky have come forward already with their kick-off times. They will be Saturday afternoons. They are covering 30 games, 22 of them will be about 3pm on a Saturday and 8 will be at 5pm or 5.15pm on a Saturday.
                    The other three will be the play-offs, presumably, bringing them to their quota of 33.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                      I can't find a reputable source for this, but apparently:

The other three will be the play-offs, presumably, bringing them to their quota of 33.
                      Oh great if that is true, I wont be able to make a single one!
                      Stand up and fight

Comment

Originally posted by sparks View Post
                        Oh great if that is true, I wont be able to make a single one!
                        That will only be three or so Munster games those times apply to though and they won't all be at home. Are RTE, Tg4, and the regional BBC companies still covering games does anyone know?

Comment

Paddy Power released their odds on next years winner...

Leinster 15/8

Ulster 11/4
                          Munster 7/2
                          Glasgow 9/2
                          Ospreys 8/1
                          Scarlets 33/1

He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by frombrittany View Post
                            Heineken and BMW (sponsor English underage teams) also in the running....
                            Seas suas agus troid!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              Thought we could pool all the information on next seasons league, including the sky sports coverage and the mysterious new title sponsor in the one place.

Hope to see Munster improve on their positioning and playoff standing next season, also think the recruiting that Dragons and the Blues have undertaken may make the welsh contingent far more competitive. Especially with merit based qualification for Europe.

Was Heineken also mooted as a possible New Sponsor for the Pro 12 ?

Comment

Working...
                              X