Toulouse first Munster second

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toulouse first Munster second

Sadly the Heineken Cup is drawing to a close after 19 brilliant years.

Using the Grigson-Casey method with 20 points for a win, 15 points for a final and 10 points for a semi - Toulouse (with 4 wins, 2 finals and 4 semis) accumulate 150 points over the life of the completion and are not surprisingly the most successful team in the competition’s history.

Munster with 140 points (2,2,7) are the 2nd most successful, Leinster with 100 points (3,0,2) are 3rd and Leicester with 95 points (2,3,1,) are 4th.

What a pity that none of these top 4 clubs whose fans and teams have reflected what has made the Heineken Cup so special are not playing in the final Final.

Big thank you to the ERC for delivering such a brilliant competition and let us hope that those who sought to rubbish this great tournament and risked destroying it will grow to understand the fantastic legacy they have inherited.

from Facebook - Farewell to the Heineken Cup
    https://www.facebook.com/FarewellHei...ation=timeline
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

I still can't believe it's all over. The method in how the new competition is being formed will always leave an element of resent in my mind. Things won't be the same.
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

Originally posted by jmccoy View Post
      I still can't believe it's all over. The method in how the new competition is being formed will always leave an element of resent in my mind. Things won't be the same.
      Get over yourself
      My computer thinks I'm gay
      What's the difference anyway
      When all the people do all day
      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Ah J. It's a rugby competition not somebody who's just nicked your scooter and left a photograph of themselves doing it.

Comment

Don't worry J we will be pooled with Sarries or some other malevolent organisation and you'll be able to vent your frustrations on the evening of the game.

The second this new tournament kicks off it'll be just like its always been, Munster and its support wanting to kill everyone.
          I am the million man.

Comment

It's quite simply a new rugby competition that the English and French clubs think will be all theirs, nothing new there so. We were the underdogs before and if the truth be told we love it.
            So lets remember all the good times of the Heineken Cup and get stuck in to the new competition with the same opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by locomotion View Post
              It's quite simply a new rugby competition that the English and French clubs think will be all theirs, nothing new there so. We were the underdogs before and if the truth be told we love it.
              So lets remember all the good times of the Heineken Cup and get stuck in to the new competition with the same opponents.
              And establish a fearsome unbeaten run at home.
              I am the million man.

Comment

When will details of new competition (groups,dates etc) be announced?

Comment

Originally posted by oilean View Post
                  When will details of new competition (groups,dates etc) be announced?
                  When the teams are announced, usually the Thursday before the weekend
                  Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Need to knock some Lard out of a few teams.

Comment

I'm sure they'll probably spend a lot of money tying to rebrand it etc, but I'll still probably call it the HC.
                      They'd safe themselves a lot of time and money if they just had them sponsor it and kept the name.

A couple of English French teams need to be knocked down a peg or two..nothing much has changed really.
                      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Call the
                        hiccup!
                        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Thanks too to Heineken for their long standing support of the competition. Without them the whole concept might have died in its infancy.

Remember the English clubs tried to strangle it in its cot back in 98/99.

Old habits die hard I suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by HurlerOnDeDitch View Post
                            Thanks too to Heineken for their long standing support of the competition. Without them the whole concept might have died in its infancy.

It's in the English DNA. They cant help it.

Comment

Originally posted by HurlerOnDeDitch View Post

And the f*cking pricks are back with the begging bowl trying to get Heineken to save their bacon, I hope Heineken tell them to f*ck off.

Comment

Working...
                              X