No announcement yet.

Munster sign Crusader's Tyler Bleyendaal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wishing him a safe retirement from playing, never nice when injury cuts a players career short.

Comment

6 mins 30 on that youtube link, watching him call Keith in, over and over in real time was a hell of a moment. He had seen the mismatch and orchestrated the break from 40 yards out. If memory serves he took his MOTM token out to the Foley boys after the game. Body couldnt keep up with the brain in such a gruesome sport.

A decent man. Will be fondly remembered.

I am the million man.

Comment

As others have said, I'm sorry to see this news confirmed even though I suspected for a fair while that it was coming. That season he managed to complete without any long-term injury showed us what might have been, and I'm another one of those who hope that his obvious rugby intelligence can translate into an effective coaching role for us. I wish him all the very best for the future - *that* game against Glasgow alone ensures his status in Munster's history.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Im not sure there is a game that is more worth watching in its entirety than the Glasgow match?
          Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 21-May-2020, 14:36.
          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

I just watched that game up 'till the Bonus Point, there now, not having watched it since being there on the day, and a few things come to mind:
            • Tyler was outstanding, that day.
            • I winced when I saw his try, as he seemed to land on his head, putting his neck under pressure.
            • The Hooker that Earlsie got the Line for tackling, landed on his back. "Le dos" as the (French) TMO said as he saw the first replay.
            • We have really missed Donnacha and Simon.
            Last edited by Piquet; 23-May-2020, 00:22.

Comment

Tyler has expressed his interest to coach at Munster, you'd wonder if there is room for himself and Larkham but I get the feeling JVG might move into a director of rugby role with Larkham as head coach so it's a possibility.

RTE.ie: Bleyendaal: I gave everything I had to Munster.
              https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/...ad-to-munster/
              Last edited by B.A.; 17-June-2020, 15:21.
              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by B.A. View Post
                Tyler has expressed his interest to coach at Munster, you'd wonder if there is room for himself and Larkham but I get the feeling JVG might move into a director of rugby role with Larkham as h as coach so it's a possibility.

RTE.ie: Bleyendaal: I gave everything I had to Munster.
                https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2020/...ad-to-munster/
                If anything he kind of fits the philosophy and style of the coaches plans and share the same views regards gameplan.

Comment

The extent of what we've lost there is only just sinking in for me, I think. Especially compounding it with the loss of Holland just before.

Hopefully Carbery gets the run of fitness he needs, because to see even more fly half talent lost on the injury front would be cruel for all involved.

I honestly think, based on what I saw of them at their best before injury, that Bleyendaal (had he declared) and Holland would have been putting massive pressure on Sexton today.
                  "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

The extent of what we've lost there is only just sinking in for me, I think. Especially compounding it with the loss of Holland just before.

Hopefully Carbery gets the run of fitness he needs, because to see even more fly half talent lost on the injury front would be cruel for all involved.

I honestly think, based on what I saw of them at their best before injury, that Bleyendaal (had he declared) and Holland would have been putting massive pressure on Sexton today.
                    Its not quite Chrissy Cullen all over again but we have had some amount of great players and great prospects end up as what if stories

You could write a book on the fellas who looked like they'd be the difference when signing and then spending months and years out of the game constantly injured over the last 20 years.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

Darragh Hurley is one that always stands out for me. That guy was a real loss to Munster and Ireland.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Barry Murphy for me
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Wally

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Its not quite Chrissy Cullen all over again but we have had some amount of great players and great prospects end up as what if stories

You could write a book on the fellas who looked like they'd be the difference when signing and then spending months and years out of the game constantly injured over the last 20 years.

It does feel that way, though I guess if we knew more about other teams they might feel the same.

But losing two potential test quality fly halves in five years is a kick in the bollox that I doubt many teams have experienced.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Two huge losses without doubt. You feel his pain and determination coming through that Tyler RTE piece. I don’t think we saw either of them play as well as they would have done had they remained fit.
                              Two men with very shrewd heads on their shoulders.

Comment

Hopefully they find something for the lad. Even at academy he would offer a lot of experience. He was excellent against Glasgow, watching again Niall Scannell was playing well. Would like to see him regain that this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X