No announcement yet.

Munster sign Crusader's Tyler Bleyendaal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has a unique learning opportunity now before going into coaching. Be some asset to a few SCT's in or around Limerick schoolp. The game didnt work out for him with injury but have a feeling we have just heard the start of him.
    \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
    \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Sad news indeed.
      I think the surprise is that this didnt happen even sooner.
      You have to wonder about the sustainability of a game that 'chews up and spits out' so many talented young players.
      Best of luck Tyler, I think we only got glimpses of your talent.
      'twas wicked yousir!

Comment

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant View Post
        Has a unique learning opportunity now before going into coaching. Be some asset to a few SCT's in or around Limerick schoolp. The game didnt work out for him with injury but have a feeling we have just heard the start of him.
        totally. Working in clubs and schools as a skills development officer. Attending club age grade games helping close gaps for some players with schools players

Comment

This news is a real pity for Tyler and Munster.
          Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Very sad to hear but not surprising. Bar one great season I don’t think we saw the best of him due to
            injuries. Hopefully he can stay on in a coaching capacity because he he seems to have a great rugby brain and looks like a potentially good coach.

Comment

Wish him all the best.
              He had that super season when he helped us to the champions cup semi final
              His place kicking was on point all of that season alongside with an eye for space and putting players into it
              Gave his all, always

Wish him all the best in his future endeavors
              Life is good

Comment

Sad to see but probably inevitable. He was a classy, intelligent player. Best of luck to him in the future.
                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

It’s sad to see, from the outside it seemed inevitable but it’s a real shame that he didn’t get to go out on his own terms. He could be a brilliant addition to any rugby club/school, he was supposed to work with Garryowen for the rest of the season but obviously that didn’t happen. He has always been an incredibly intelligent player hopefully he stays involved in the game because he’s huge potential as a coach.
                  Last edited by Stringer9; 20th-May-2020, 16:45.
                  The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

I'll never forget the game in Leicester, the one we lost to a last minute Pen.

I had been having the proverbial "full and frank discussion" with a Tigers fan during the game. At one stage, I had asked him was he familiar with John McEnroe.

Anyway, late in the game, Munster got a try to close within a point of Leicester and Tyler stepped up to take the Con.

Just as he planted his foot beside the ball, it slid from under him. My gang and I all stood up as Tyler fell back and he swung his leg at ball which crept barely over the bar.

"YOU CAN NOT BE SERIOUS" said my Tigers pal.

Then there was the Conversion, last year, from his alleged wrong side that meant that Edinburgh needed a try to beat us in the QF.

Thanks for the memories, Tyler.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                      Sad news re Tyler - retiring due to injury.

https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2020/05/...o-retire/#post
                      A real shame for himself and Munster that we rarely saw him properly fit over a run of games, but in flashes you could see what a skilful and thinking player he was. I am proud of him and Munster for sticking with it for as long as they both did- a lesser man, and a lesser club, would have cashed their chips in ages ago. Would be an outstanding guy to do a province wide development role- I hope the next part of his career is within rugby, and that he has better luck than he has had over the last few years. Thank you Tyler for giving it all you had.

Comment

Very sad news. He, like many others, rose superbly to the occasion at the "Axel match" v Glasgow. Dogged by an unfortunate neck condition, but, hopefully he exits the game with his health fully intact. Thanks from me.
                        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Great player totally hampered by serious injury. All the best in the future to you and your family, Tyler. I’m a little glad to not see him going into contact again, he was very brave but I always feared he’d get another serious neck injury every game he played.
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Gutted he had to retire but glad that he's looking out for his health and glad that munster seemingly stood by him while injured. Has the head to be a quality coach so I hope we see a lot more of him in the future.

Comment

Disappointing to see, that one Axel season where he was actually fit he was outstanding and the best season from a Munster 10 since ROG in his prime. He seemed an intelligent and positive influence on the squad while injured so hopefully he'll move into the backroom team at some stage.

Comment

Tyler had some outstanding games for Munster but more latterly it seemed everybody was concentrating more on just hoping he would survive the games.

Always thought based on what former coaches & players said about him, his clever play and the way that Munster stuck with him that he would be destined for some type of non playing role. Hopefully he will now get involved and have a chance to work his way up the coaching ladder.
                                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Working...
                                X