Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster sign Crusader's Tyler Bleyendaal

http://www.munsterrugby.ie/news/18506.php#.U29KvIFdXTQ

Looks like this lad has a similar pedigree to Stander, this can only be a quality move. Stick him at 12 and get the backline moving.

So is that Hanrahan/Bleyenhaal and Andrew Smith as the starting centres?

Comment

please delete
      Last edited by rathbaner; 11th-May-2014, 10:29.
      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Seems like it, Hanrahan as back up 12. Earls/Johne Murphy as emergency cover at 13.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
          I actually feel sorry for him.
          I too feel sorry for someone having to go to Limerick but at least he's young and talented.

Crusaders and Canterbury first five-eight, Tyler Bleyendaal, has announced he will move to Ireland to play for the Munster Club at the end of this year.

Bleyendaal, who played his 20th game for the Crusaders in Brisbane this evening, said it was a tough decision to make but the timing seemed right to earn some overseas experience.

“I love playing for Canterbury and the Crusaders so it was never going to be easy to make the decision to play rugby for someone else. But when the opportunity came up to play for Munster I couldn’t pass it by. This is a club with such a proud history and it is a brilliant opportunity for me to gain some international experience,” Bleyendaal said.

“I am grateful to all of the players and coaches that I have been fortunate enough to work with here and I am fully committed to the Crusaders and Canterbury for their 2014 seasons.”

Crusaders Head Coach Todd Blackadder said Bleyendaal’s move would be a real loss to the Crusaders: “Tyler is a talented player with an incredible brain. He has one of the best rugby brains I’ve ever come across and that will take him far. We will be sad to see him go but we respect and support his decision and wish him all the best.”

Canterbury Head Coach Scott Robertson said Bleyendaal will be sorely missed by everyone at Canterbury Rugby: “Tyler is a fantastic player but also just such a decent guy. His teammates, coaches and team management all hold him in high regard and I know they will all want to see him do well wherever he plays. We are fortunate to have Tyler for another ITM Cup season before he departs and we’ll all be hoping to make it a special one for him.”

Crusaders CEO Hamish Riach said it would be sad for both teams to lose a player of this calibre: “Tyler has been involved in the Canterbury and Crusaders squads since 2011 and is a valuable member of both. We wish him all the best for his future endeavours and hope that he will continue to call this home and return here one day.”

Bleyendaal’s contract with Munster begins in November this year and runs through to June 2017.

Comment

Its a great signing.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              Its a great signing.
              Do you know is he signed as a perspective 12 or 10?

Comment

Good to see some strategy and thought put into our weakest area in the past few years - midfield. Can't accuse Munster Rugby of failing to act. Good luck to the lad and look forward to seeing him play for us.
                "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                  Do you know is he signed as a perspective 12 or 10?

JJ and Keats for the 10 jersey.

Its an exciting signing.

Comment

This mean he have 3 project players in Stander, GVDH and Bleyendall?

Comment

Will he be here for the start of our season or will be later
                      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Grandpasimpson View Post
                        Will he be here for the start of our season or will be later
                        November.

Comment

Welcome to him, hopefully he'll be a success. His signing would seem to put to bed the thoughts that axel is planning 10 man rugby as well.

As an aside, why are so many people on this forum so sure JJ will be playing 12 next year when he hasn't played there at all this season and to my knowledge only played there twice for munster, both of those times with ROG at 10.

JJ @10 and Keatley @ 12 has been tried dozens of times this year but suddenly people are convinced it will be JJ shifting out to 12 next season. Is their inside info I'm missing?

Comment

JJ and Keats for the 10 jersey.

Its an exciting signing.
                            Tyler is an excellent 10.

It is an exciting signing. He's a fine player. I've seen him play several times and think he could be a better 10 than our existing ones . . .thats why I asked that Q.

I'd love to see how Penneyball would have worked with Murray to JJ to Tyler to Smith, Earls and Zebo and Jones back 3.

That would have been exciting!!!

This puts even added emphasis on who gets the backs coach job now imo

Comment

November.
                              Cheers just spotted it in the website
                              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Working...
                              X