Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Support from the wider rugby community.

Thread deleted.
    Last edited by jonniejon; 4th-May-2014, 00:03.

PRL destroyed our beloved Heineken European Cup.

You will get no support from me.

Comment

The one game ye can fill and ye come on here looking for support to move to a bigger venue, given what ye have done to the HEC competition I wouldnt imagine you'll get too much support around these parts, good luck though.
      "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

In fairness we have no way of knowing whether this particular individual was in favour of the bullyboy tactics and scummy attitude displayed towards the wider rugby community by the likes of his club's chairman, or whether he found it as distasteful as we did. I prefer to give people the benefit of the doubt until they say or do something to remove it.
        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Might be some people here looking to offload tickets too.
          Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Reply deleted.
            Last edited by jonniejon; 4th-May-2014, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by jonniejon View Post
              Glorob I am no rugby politician, I have no control over the PRL or ERC or the decisions they make, I am however trying to support the everyday rugby supporter, just like myself, who has followed their team for decades only to find when reaching a final I, like many others cannot get a ticket to watch them, just like thousands of other supporters in my position. Like the ones who have written to me since I started this a couple of days ago saying they have travelled the whole of Europe in the rounds leading up to the final and now cannot get a ticket, like the ones who couldn't even get a ticket out of the 1000 allocated because none of those were disabled seats.

I am trying to make a stand for the small man without a voice and our point across to those rugby politicians. Had you found yourselves in a similar position I would have supported you because of my love of rugby.

If you had petitioned the PRL Glorob and I had known about it then who knows I may have signed.
              I would say I am normally a helpful and obliging individual. However I am disgusted and enraged with the manner in which the HEC has been destroyed. One of the chief architects of its destruction was Bruce Craig, your club chairman.

Go petition your chairman if you have an issue.

Comment

Reply deleted.
                Last edited by jonniejon; 4th-May-2014, 00:04.

Comment

Petition signed. Good luck.

I remember how we all felt in 2004 when the Munster Branch gave Leinster 20,000 tickets for the Munster v Wasps HEC semi final in Lansdowne Road.
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

I'm with Glorob here, in the past I've helped out PRL club supporters with tickets etc. but I'm not inclined to go out of my way to help anyone associated with PRL clubs going forward.

Comment

The final hasnt being selling out regularly enough for them to be worried about the venue. English teams contest the final most years but it rarely sells out. They aren't turning down a pile of revenue just to spite the fans
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

Comment

Hard not to agree with glorob's stance but equally if Munster rugby took a view or a direction on how the New tournament was to be run that was not supported by the fans , what could we as supporters do about it ?. From my reading it's a genuine rugby fan looking for support with regard to tickets .

Comment

Originally posted by jonniejon View Post
                          Many thanks for your constructive advice Glorob, also worth noting that this petition may very well send the message to Bruce Craig and the architects of the new European cup format so they realise they cannot treat grass roots supporter in they way they have, which with the large amount of travelling support and the demand your supporters have for tickets you have would be doing your own club a service. Anyway clearly I am not going to change your mind, I was just looking for support from fellow rugby supporters. Enjoy your rugby.
                          I'm sure you are a decent supporter and good luck to you sorting tickets, but bearing in mind that Bruce Craig doesn't give a toss that anyone who now wants to watch this new competition will have to take out two TV subscriptions, I doubt if the architects of this new competition will worry about whether there are enough tickets available for a final or not - its all about the tv money you know.

Comment

I can see why people are against it, but to be fair, hardly his fault..or his clubs fault either. To be fair, the lad genuinely seems to just wants some tickets.
                            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                              I can see why people are against it, but to be fair, hardly his fault..or his clubs fault either. To be fair, the lad genuinely seems to just wants some tickets.
                              Bruce Craig is chairman of Bath. You are stretching things a bit far to suggest they are blameless.

Comment

Working...
                              X