Niall Ronan to retire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real pity.

The All Blacks game in TP (the kiwi commentators were beside themselves over his performance) and away to the Scarlets in the HC in late 2011 were his two stand out performances IMO. Injuries always held him back but all the best to him in the future.

Go n'eirí an t'ádh leat a bhúachaill.

Comment

Real pity he's had to call it a day, sport can be very cruel. I'm glad he got to play again after the initial knee injury he sustained against Scarlets (after getting a dirty late hit in the immediate aftermath of scoring a try IIRC), but it must be hard to cope with the reality of hanging up the boots after putting in so much work in rehabbing the injury. Best of luck to him for the future.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Perhaps not the most famous retiree we will ever see but he certainly took well to his adopted home and always gave everything he had to the cause. Attitudes like that are golden and he fully deserves all our praise and best wishes. Thank you Niall Ronan.

Comment

Always thought he would have made a smashing 12. Wish him every success for the future
          Con Artist

Comment

Real pity for him. He's been a great servant for us. All the best to him.
            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Best of luck Niall thanks for the memories but who is the welsh git that helped him toward retirement.
              clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                Best of luck Niall thanks for the memories but who is the welsh git that helped him toward retirement.
                Jake Ball.

Comment

Best of luck Niall. Totally committed player who always gave his all.

Best wishes for the future
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

The Golden years of Munster rugby - all of these players are so hard to replace.

Thanks Niall

Comment

Becks will be devastated.

Very very decent player. I remember the try against Clermont well. He was running back a kick and ROG shouted at him "chip ahead". He sprinted past Zirakachvilli for the touchdown. T.P. went mental.

Best wishes to him in the future.
                      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by sykes View Post
                        The first Lunster.

Niall Ronan has revealed that he has been converted by the Munster passion since moving from rivals Leinster.

The hard-hitting flanker has been quite impressive for Tony McGahan's side this year and is starting to establish himself in the back row for the Heineken Cup champions.

It took time for Ronan to reach the level that he is currently soaring at and he thinks that the influence of his current team has helped him to improve as a player and as a person.

The spirit that drives Munster forward has been well documented in recent times and was on full display in their narrow defeat to New Zealand, but Ronan says that it shouldn't be underestimated.

"A lot of my mates at home don't like Leinster at all and they're just 20 minutes up the road from Dublin," Ronan told the Sunday Times.

"They don't think the Leinster players would have the same mentality as the Munster players would, and just the passion they show on the pitch.

"I think that's the major difference. It inspires people.

"My best mate came down for the New Zealand game and there was a tear in his eye when he was watching the game. If Leinster were playing the All Blacks would it be the same? I don't think so.

"It's a family here. If you be yourself and take a slagging, you'll fit in. Everyone slags each other. That's the big difference. And the attitude of some players, maybe."</DIV>
                        ehhh, AJP Ward?
                        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

A fine player. His game face for the All Blacks game was flipping scary.

Will be missed.
                          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Thanks Niall - you were a great signing and put in some fantastic performances. A great Munsterman. Best of luck.
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

That's sad news indeed. Thanks Niall for all you've done for Munster, every best wish for the future.....your hard work was much appreciated......

Comment

Gutted for him and would like to say thanks for everything

He's a qualified S&C coach I believe so he may well move into that area.

Comment

Working...
                                X