Niall Ronan to retire

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Niall Ronan to retire

Just caught this on the news Niall Ronan to retire at seasons end through injury , that's a real shame and tough on him. a fine player he was a great whole hearted player who never left us down in my opinion , best of luck Niall from a Munster supporter .

Just saw that myself, another fine young rugby player forced to retire.
    Best of luck to him in the future.
    "Syrana" on de Villiers "A step, a hand off and two more defenders beaten on the line and the third try was in the bag. It's amazing what a world class inside centre can do when you play him at inside centre!"

Comment

Real shame - highly committed player and served us well over the years. Always a sad day when someone is forced to end their career. Wish him all the best in his future endeviours
      Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
      Aint nothin I would rather do,
      Goin down, party time,
      My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

Best of luck to him. Never let us down.

Comment

Nice piece here
          Last edited by rathbaner; 30th-April-2014, 12:52.
          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Remember him scoring against Clermont in thomond park, We were under pressure at he time, A skillful backrow and a nice guy. Good luck.

Comment

Best of luck to him , met him after a Northampton game a few years ago and he couldn't have been nicer..

Comment

Great pity that his injury has stopped his career never let Munster down. Best of luck to him in the future and many thanks for what he did in his time with Munster.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Best of luck Niall

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post
                    Remember him scoring against Clermont in thomond park, We were under pressure at he time, A skillful backrow and a nice guy. Good luck.
                    Ya he kicked through and chased it to touch down. Great score. Good luck to him.
                    He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Committed and talented rugby player and a very decent lad too. Best of luck to him in whatever he does.
                      "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Very sorry to hear this news.

Niall Roan was a fine player and never let us down. He suffered by comparison to the likes of Wally at times but who wouldn't?

Thanks for everything Niall and all the best with the next phase of your life.

Comment

The first Lunster.

Niall Ronan has revealed that he has been converted by the Munster passion since moving from rivals Leinster.

The hard-hitting flanker has been quite impressive for Tony McGahan's side this year and is starting to establish himself in the back row for the Heineken Cup champions.

It took time for Ronan to reach the level that he is currently soaring at and he thinks that the influence of his current team has helped him to improve as a player and as a person.

The spirit that drives Munster forward has been well documented in recent times and was on full display in their narrow defeat to New Zealand, but Ronan says that it shouldn't be underestimated.

"A lot of my mates at home don't like Leinster at all and they're just 20 minutes up the road from Dublin," Ronan told the Sunday Times.

"They don't think the Leinster players would have the same mentality as the Munster players would, and just the passion they show on the pitch.

"I think that's the major difference. It inspires people.

"My best mate came down for the New Zealand game and there was a tear in his eye when he was watching the game. If Leinster were playing the All Blacks would it be the same? I don't think so.

"It's a family here. If you be yourself and take a slagging, you'll fit in. Everyone slags each other. That's the big difference. And the attitude of some players, maybe."</DIV>

Comment

Originally posted by bankman View Post
                            I remember it well and we were in trouble before he did. I was the worried looking fella in the west terrace that sky threw up on the screen just beforehand. Got back to work later that evening for my boss to tell me I was a lucky bucko for being honest and not calling in sick!

Comment

As a Boyne youth coach Niall was always excellent with the club here, came and took sessions with our 19's over the years... arranged for himself and Fla to meet up with our u-12's (many years ago)... came straight from Munster games to Towns Cup Final to support his club... has always had time no matter we asked.... Best wishes to him in the future.....

R.

(i'm still p*ssed off over Jake Ball's head charge / assault on Niall... should have had the book thrown at him)

Comment

Working...
                              X