All a lottery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All a lottery

If the toss for the semis had gone the other way it would be a Clermont/Munster final in Cardiff. Clermont have won their last 2000 games at home and they would have seen Sarries off and Munster would have done the business in Thomond. Its a farce. Everyone breaks their arses in the pool stages and quarters and it all goes for nought when a lottery decides the crucial home semis. A lot of teams who have Heineken titles have been helped along the way but virtue of a lucky home draw. Delighted to say the Munster won their two titles without a home semi.( Know one team with three who were helped along the way with some home semis ! !). It has been a crucial element and hopefully will be addressed in the new European Competition.
    I am new to this forum so go easy lads.

You're right it's not fair but it's never been fair. So why do Munster and the other provinces place so much stock in an inherently unfair competition?

Comment

Originally posted by Reus View Post
      You're right it's not fair but it's never been fair. So why do Munster and the other provinces place so much stock in an inherently unfair competition?
      Because there is no worthwhile alternative available to them.

Comment

What would be a fairer way? Munster have endured a rotten run of bad luck with semi-final draws throughout the competition's lifetime, which only makes the two wins and four finals all the more remarkable. There's no fairer system than an unweighted draw, Munster have just come up on the wrong side.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
          What would be a fairer way? Munster have endured a rotten run of bad luck with semi-final draws throughout the competition's lifetime, which only makes the two wins and four finals all the more remarkable. There's no fairer system than an unweighted draw, Munster have just come up on the wrong side.
          I wonder could a structure that involved a home and away 2 leg tie for quarters and semi's work?

Comment

Originally posted by feelthepayne View Post
            I wonder could a structure that involved a home and away 2 leg tie for quarters and semi's work?
            The French won't have it, unfortunately. I would like to see the draw conducted with full publicity however because to fall on the wrong side of a 50/50 9 times out of 11 raises eyebrows. Let's see what scraps PRL gift the plebs from their high table, I won't be holding out much hope.

Comment

We send an irish adjudicator from KPMG or one of those to every draw, also it seems to be completely forgotten that we have been drawn for home semis. I really dont get the conspiracy theory,
              My computer thinks I'm gay
              What's the difference anyway
              When all the people do all day
              Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin View Post
                Munster would have done the business in Thomond. Its a farce.
                It wouldn't have been in Thomond. It would have been the Aviva.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                  We send an irish adjudicator from KPMG or one of those to every draw, also it seems to be completely forgotten that we have been drawn for home semis. I really dont get the conspiracy theory,
                  2 from 11 right? Not impossible but statistically highly improbable (cant be bothered to do the math)
                  TBH I just always assumed it was a loaded draw

Comment

They have one of those guys at every Lotto draw as well and just because I'm from Munster, I've never won it.

Comment

I'll have my little rant again... home county neutral venue. 40 miles down the coast in their second home, isn't a neutral venue. Everything made it look close to a home game, even our song was first and then their's , we had to change jerseys, etc. Surely even the jerseys could have been given to us as a gesture for the location.
                      When they nominated Marseilles as their preferred venue they should have been told to get lost. Paris is a neutral venue in their home country, and at least possible to get to and get home from. If they wont travel to Paris, that's their problem. Even Toulouse would have made a difference.

Why such a late kick off on a Sunday, because it suits the French. It leaves a bitter taste in the mouth of a competition and organisation (ERC) that I have defended to the hilt, and leaves me wondering why did I bother? they certainly never cared too much about us. Good riddance to them. At least we know the PRL / LRN are a shower of self interested money men.
                      Offside Ref! He's being doing it all day

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post
                        A truly neutral venue in neither team's country for semi finals is the simplest.

Comment

A truly neutral venue in neither team's country for semi finals is the simplest.
                          And you could hold it in a small stadium because only about 3 or 4 thousand would be likely to travel
                          My computer thinks I'm gay
                          What's the difference anyway
                          When all the people do all day
                          Is stare into a phone

Comment

And you could hold it in a small stadium because only about 3 or 4 thousand would be likely to travel
                            Apparently it doesn't matter because according to PRL all the money is made via the TV and 'commercial' activities.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                              Apparently it doesn't matter because according to PRL all the money is made via the TV and 'commercial' activities.
                              It is when the costs of opening the stadium outweigh the gate receipts. If you think about, that's just another added inconvenience. If you think about it more, the game itself is just another unnecessary distraction.

Comment

Working...
                              X