No announcement yet.

where have all the fans gone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeez if there's any chance of putting in a mileage claim for travelling to games I'll be quids in! :p Think standard rate up here is around 50p a mile now, so by my reckoning Munster owes me about £280 from a couple of weekends back.

Just don't mention any of this to frombrittany or we'll have to sell off Musgrave.
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      What about NFL fans who might drive 200/300 miles for a home game?
      Go Packers!!!

Comment

Any update on whether the IRFU is gonna push on with a 7's side? Would like to see all 4 provinces setting up a 7's side each and perhaps then Munster could be using grounds all over the province to host such mini interpro tournaments and invitational game days. It is also exactly the type of gateway 'event' that could attract the great rugby uninitiated and unwashed.

Nucifora might look into the possibility as part of improving performance for the IRFU
        I am the million man.

Comment

Any update on whether the IRFU is gonna push on with a 7's side? Would like to see all 4 provinces setting up a 7's side each and perhaps then Munster could be using grounds all over the province to host such mini interpro tournaments and invitational game days. It is also exactly the type of gateway 'event' that could attract the great rugby uninitiated and unwashed.

Nucifora might look into the possibility as part of improving performance for the IRFU
          Interestingly Popie mentioned and bemoaned the lack of an Irish 7s team in the aftermath of Connacht match in relation to Conway and GVDH.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
            Jeez if there's any chance of putting in a mileage claim for travelling to games I'll be quids in! :p Think standard rate up here is around 50p a mile now, so by my reckoning Munster owes me about £280 from a couple of weekends back.

Just don't mention any of this to frombrittany or we'll have to sell off Musgrave.
            Ahem, thats £140 outstanding I'm afraid Chippy, driving south for a game doesn't count as has been pointed out already in this thread, only driving 'up' from somewhere counts ;) Grabs coat......
            I am the million man.

Comment

Ive had the pleasure of getting to TP in particular, and Irish Independent Musgrave Park ;) on a more ad hoc basis, for many years now. Over the years Ive brought my own children - all girls and mad Munster fans now starting their own families. In more recent times I bring my Foster children and in the very near future - hopefully later this season - will be bringing my fanatical munster mad 3 year old grandaughter and her cousin to matches. Travelling from Tralee can be a pain in the proverbials but watching the kids enjoying the game and the atmosphere, especially at the higher profile games - money cant buy the feeling. One of the personal challenges for me is access to a Season Family Ticket. In order to get seats for my kids, they being too little for the terraces, I have to pay full adult prices at the start of the season, something which I had done up until the last few years whereby now I wait for individual matches to be advertised and can avail of similar, often better placed seats for €10 each. I found when I had a season ticket I would travel more often or if working the day of the match, pass the tickets onto my daughters, but they were used. There doesnt appear to be any incentive to encourage families to buy season tickets that are reasonably priced - or have I missed something?

Perhaps something worth looking into?
              "There is no try - there is only DO"
              YODA - Grand master of the Jedi Council

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                ...I also think that there should be some form of discount to be looked into for home games.
                X amount off if you're travelling from Tipp/Waterford/Kerry/Dublin etc.
                I know I find it murder on petrol to get up and down. And it does ad up and is at times a deciding factor on whether I go at times, if it's a tight week.
                So doing something like giving fans a slight discount if they're traveling over x amount of miles. Personally I think that would make a big difference.
                Why not organise a car pool? Petrol costs could be reduced very significantly. Engineer your own discount.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by kerrydec View Post
                  Ive had the pleasure of getting to TP in particular, and Irish Independent Musgrave Park ;) on a more ad hoc basis, for many years now. Over the years Ive brought my own children - all girls and mad Munster fans now starting their own families. In more recent times I bring my Foster children and in the very near future - hopefully later this season - will be bringing my fanatical munster mad 3 year old grandaughter and her cousin to matches. Travelling from Tralee can be a pain in the proverbials but watching the kids enjoying the game and the atmosphere, especially at the higher profile games - money cant buy the feeling. One of the personal challenges for me is access to a Season Family Ticket. In order to get seats for my kids, they being too little for the terraces, I have to pay full adult prices at the start of the season, something which I had done up until the last few years whereby now I wait for individual matches to be advertised and can avail of similar, often better placed seats for €10 each. I found when I had a season ticket I would travel more often or if working the day of the match, pass the tickets onto my daughters, but they were used. There doesnt appear to be any incentive to encourage families to buy season tickets that are reasonably priced - or have I missed something?

Perhaps something worth looking into?
                  The MRSC has a range of Family Season Tickets on sale.
                  http://www.mrsc.ie/news/18258.php

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                    The MRSC has a range of Family Season Tickets on sale.
                    http://www.mrsc.ie/news/18258.php
                    Thanks Bitter - will keep look out for that for next season - save a few quid mayhaps which could be reinvested into further adventures abroad with the Red Hordes ;)
                    "There is no try - there is only DO"
                    YODA - Grand master of the Jedi Council

Comment

Ahem, thats £140 outstanding I'm afraid Chippy, driving south for a game doesn't count as has been pointed out already in this thread, only driving 'up' from somewhere counts ;) Grabs coat......
                      Oh, it does count.

It's just that no-one can produce the receipts to claim...

What the hell. It's a quiet day. A bit of fun would do us no harm...
                      Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

one of the things that is a bit hit-or-miss is players mingling after matches. Years back we seemed to meet lots of players just around, then an absolute drought, then last season a few, this season very little. I realise that they need to eat, unwind etc but would love to get back to the sort of mixing I recall from 10 years ago

Comment

where have all the fans gone

I don't know. My young fella has met almost all the players plus those from Perpignan and Toulouse this season. Even got a photo with Guy Noves

Quality stalking :)
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                          X