where have all the fans gone

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where have all the fans gone

26000 this week only7000 this week for massive league game, To be considered the best supporters we need to support our team on a regular basis. toulouse get around 17000 sat, Clermont usually get 15k,leicester get around the 20 mark for league.

Why are the pro12attendances so low –

-now there are some genuine excuses e.g. Work,family commitments, and yes €20 is too high a price for a pro12game
    -Travel issues most rugby supporters would be within 1/1.5 hours travel of limerickso at 630 the game was accessible for most

-Club rugby – giventhat there are very few people attending club games (was at munstersv cork con) this aint an excuse for most people – even most minirugby and lots of club games are played on a sunday- bear in mind thepremiership clubs get good crowds with most amateur rugby beingplayed in the uk on saturdays,
    --Best excuse of all (forospreys league semi final in 2011) – there was a lot of communions,- didnt know communions took place at 7pm
    -think a lot of it isthe gaa style mentality i.e that we are only interested in big games.

Any thoughts anyone –would love to see bigger crowds in thomond for pro 12 matches

We all would love to see both stadiums full for every game but the numbers attending the games excluding HEC are usually around what we see now and it has always been so. Mores the pity.
    Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Originally posted by janesboro View Post
      26000 this week only7000 this week for massive league game, To be considered the best supporters we need to support our team on a regular basis. toulouse get around 17000 sat, Clermont usually get 15k,leicester get around the 20 mark for league.

-now there are some genuine excuses e.g. Work,family commitments, and yes €20 is too high a price for a pro12game
      -Travel issues most rugby supporters would be within 1/1.5 hours travel of limerickso at 630 the game was accessible for most

-Club rugby – giventhat there are very few people attending club games (was at munstersv cork con) this aint an excuse for most people – even most minirugby and lots of club games are played on a sunday- bear in mind thepremiership clubs get good crowds with most amateur rugby beingplayed in the uk on saturdays,
      --Best excuse of all (forospreys league semi final in 2011) – there was a lot of communions,- didnt know communions took place at 7pm
      -think a lot of it isthe gaa style mentality i.e that we are only interested in big games.

Any thoughts anyone –would love to see bigger crowds in thomond for pro 12 matches

I'm going to get slated for this but its because with performances like last week against Glasgow. People aren't going to spend the money to go to a match that the team couldn't be arsed trying to win. There's soundbites all over the media of what the team think of the Heineken cup compared to the league.
      On the Munster pack - \"Mothers keep their photo on the mantlepiece to stop the kids going too near the fire.\" -Jim Neilly

Comment

Originally posted by McCloud View Post
        We all would love to see both stadiums full for every game but the numbers attending the games excluding HEC are usually around what we see now and it has always been so. Mores the pity.

I dont ever remember TP as empty as it has been this season. We didnt even sell out for Leinster but they sold out for us. Says it all really. Ive been a TP season ticket holder for 9 yrs and dont think il renew next season because of it. I live in roscommon and have a young family. Its sad but none of my group who started going together all that time ago bother anymore apart from Hec. They live in limerick and this season im on east terrace on my own. One lives in caherdavin and another on shelbourne road but cant be bothered. They sometimes actually leave home for match but meet in ryan ardhu or whatever its now called to watch game. They were in TP for toulouse though.
        Its a huge problem and one which has been swept under the carpet for too long.

Comment

Originally posted by cronin_j View Post
          I'm going to get slated for this but its because with performances like last week against Glasgow. People aren't going to spend the money to go to a match that the team couldn't be arsed trying to win. There's soundbites all over the media of what the team think of the Heineken cup compared to the league.
          Do you not think both are linked? When a team runs out in front of an empty stadium a week after playing in front of a full house it sends its own message to the players as to whats important to the fans. I know they are professionals but we keep saying here that munster players play for more than a paycheque. Its time we started to take more responsibility for last saturday. We didnt miss a tackle but we sent a clear message to the team that it didnt matter as much to us.

Comment

Originally posted by exiled to connacht View Post
            I dont ever remember TP as empty as it has been this season. We didnt even sell out for Leinster but they sold out for us. Says it all really. Ive been a TP season ticket holder for 9 yrs and dont think il renew next season because of it. I live in roscommon and have a young family. Its sad but none of my group who started going together all that time ago bother anymore apart from Hec. They live in limerick and this season im on east terrace on my own. One lives in caherdavin and another on shelbourne road but cant be bothered. They sometimes actually leave home for match but meet in ryan ardhu or whatever its now called to watch game. They were in TP for toulouse though.
            Its a huge problem and one which has been swept under the carpet for too long.
            All that indicates is that Leinster fans didn't travel and Munster fans travelled (or more than likely live/work in Dublin).

Comment

Dublin is where the work s so The Aviva is full of 20 somethings living at home who can't afford mortgages. what 20 something is going to save spare cash? there was a time when many could renew without blinking. Even though we kept our jobs we took pay cut after pay cut and things only got more expensive. The gap gets bigger, and it will be a long time before the gap is bridged. We all prospered and now we all scrounge together. economics withthe big centres like dublin getting the benefits.
              Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Does anyone think that their rights for knock out tickets should be linked to using your season ticket for games?
                For example...say there are a group of 4 games, NGD, Trev, Edin & Zebre, and in order for you to get a knockout tkt, your Season ticket MUST have been used in one or two of those four games....?

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                  Dublin is where the work s so The Aviva is full of 20 somethings living at home who can't afford mortgages. what 20 something is going to save spare cash? there was a time when many could renew without blinking. Even though we kept our jobs we took pay cut after pay cut and things only got more expensive. The gap gets bigger, and it will be a long time before the gap is bridged. We all prospered and now we all scrounge together. economics withthe big centres like dublin getting the benefits.
                  Govt have confirmed that minimum average water charges to be €240. Another kick in the hole. There's only so much money to go around, I have my season tkt for MP but obviously there are less games to attend.
                  Genuinely do admire folks who travel down from Dubland etc for games
                  Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by janesboro View Post

I can't say much about the rest but this highlighted part couldn't be further from the truth! You obviously haven't been to many Hurling League matches at the Likes of Courcey Rovers, Bride Rovers or Midleton. They can get crowds on a Sunday morning that would shame a Munster match in Muzzer!

Just saying!
                    Last edited by CauliflowerEars; 16th-April-2014, 12:54.
                    Leinsterfans regarding Penney - "Terrible news for those few Munster fans who could see where he was heading. He was slowly changing the mindset down there and managing to coax the players to Leinsters style of play. "

Courtesy of Leinsterfans.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                      Does anyone think that their rights for knock out tickets should be linked to using your season ticket for games?
                      For example...say there are a group of 4 games, NGD, Trev, Edin & Zebre, and in order for you to get a knockout tkt, your Season ticket MUST have been used in one or two of those four games....?
                      Hard enough to get people to renew Bitter, add that to the mix and you might scare some away?
                      Con Artist

Comment

Not much being made of Munster's inability to market our rabo games.
                        AKA Ugo Monye Spacecraft Experience

Comment

Originally posted by fishooks12 View Post
                          Not much being made of Munster's inability to market our rabo games.
                          Very true. All season I've heard ads on the radio advertising tickets and packages when Leinster have a home league game. I've never heard Munster advertising games on the radio. I do get loads of emails advertising games, but it's no use me getting them when I'm already a ST holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                            Everyone I've spoken to that go to games regularly say that! At least it means if a season ticket holder cant go, they will give the ticket to someone else to use, so that that person will get to go for free or whatever. Theres also a knock on and a couple of years ago this happened to me. I was away in london a weekend a game was on, gave my ticket to my dads friend so dad could go with someone. That person enjoyed it so much they are now a MRSC member.
                            On the Munster pack - \"Mothers keep their photo on the mantlepiece to stop the kids going too near the fire.\" -Jim Neilly

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                              Hard enough to get people to renew Bitter, add that to the mix and you might scare some away?
                              Would it though? You could plan your games well in advance, and it encourages more supporters to use their ST.
                              I am guessing here, but I would say there is close to 5000 ST's not being used per game in TP. Figure is less in Mp, obviously, but how do you get those ST holders to attend?

Comment

Working...
                              X