Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 weeks, 2 deciders and not a trophy in sight.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• limerickdeco
    replied
    Originally posted by kerrydec View Post
    Totally agree - definitely capable of winning on the day. "At the end of the day" - to cite a famous (or is it infamous) Corkonian, we're into the realm of Cup Football! - one match, anything can happen and no better team over the years to make it happen, especially with the odds stacked against us, as can be evidenced in the rugby folklore - MUNSTER!

We could do with a few more comments from naysayers like Matt O Connor - wheres Hookie or Franno when you need them?? :pacman_by_bad_blood

Last year against Quins - no chance given by most of the pundits including some of our own - think it could be the same again. The collective in this team, as throughout the years, is far greater than the sum of the individuals

Bring on The might of Toulon - I say!!:_unimpressed__rvmp_
    I second that,well said sir

Leave a comment:

• kerrydec
    replied
    Originally posted by theghost View Post
    We are in contention again at the so called business end of the season , luck has a fair bit to do with winning a Heineken cup , if we were facing Toulon in Dublin I would back us every time , now I'm not so sure but having been at the Toulouse game this team definetely has it in them to win but we cannot afford any more key injuries . At this stage poc Murray and Keatley should be used sparingly if at all this weekend .
    Totally agree - definitely capable of winning on the day. "At the end of the day" - to cite a famous (or is it infamous) Corkonian, we're into the realm of Cup Football! - one match, anything can happen and no better team over the years to make it happen, especially with the odds stacked against us, as can be evidenced in the rugby folklore - MUNSTER!

We could do with a few more comments from naysayers like Matt O Connor - wheres Hookie or Franno when you need them?? :pacman_by_bad_blood

Last year against Quins - no chance given by most of the pundits including some of our own - think it could be the same again. The collective in this team, as throughout the years, is far greater than the sum of the individuals

Bring on The might of Toulon - I say!!:_unimpressed__rvmp_

Leave a comment:

• theghost
    replied
    We are in contention again at the so called business end of the season , luck has a fair bit to do with winning a Heineken cup , if we were facing Toulon in Dublin I would back us every time , now I'm not so sure but having been at the Toulouse game this team definetely has it in them to win but we cannot afford any more key injuries . At this stage poc Murray and Keatley should be used sparingly if at all this weekend .

Leave a comment:

• bankman
    replied
    All this negative comment might be just what we need espically for Toulon, Sneak up on them. Munster will be on fire come that match, Mark my words.

Leave a comment:

• Daithi
    replied
    Originally posted by kerrydec View Post
    Any truth in the rumour that Penney has been on the phone to Paris asking ROG hows the body and to blow the cobwebs off the boots???
    :_confused__rvmp_by_

We have to keep the faith and at the end of the day play our part as the 16th man
    There's a post a while back about some thoughts being a misuse of imagination.... read it & learn....grasshopper!!

P.s. think Munster maul murdering the Toulon 'galacticos', think Earls crossing in the corner, Murray round the corner and all the feasible dreams that can be dreamt up.

P.P.s but please leave Rog to his Parisian croissants which he is evidently enjoying very much :-)
    Last edited by Daithi; 15-April-2014, 17:32.

Leave a comment:

• Stringer9
    replied
    We've faced bigger odds.

And honestly I'm too tired (how is it only Tuesday) to be negative. What happens, happens.

They were chronic last week but these guys will do everything they can to try and make up for that, and do their best to win.

The HC might be beyond us and we might have left ourselves too much to do with the Rabo, we might have a list of worrying injuries but at the end of the day all they can do is play to the best of their ability and hopefully that's enough.

It's in their hands.

Leave a comment:

• kerrydec
    replied
    Any truth in the rumour that Penney has been on the phone to Paris asking ROG hows the body and to blow the cobwebs off the boots???
    :_confused__rvmp_by_

We have to keep the faith and at the end of the day play our part as the 16th man

Leave a comment:

• Reus
    replied
    Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
    When you say we do you mean munster or leinster.
    I'm not provincially-curious. :_sad__rvmp_by_bad_b

Leave a comment:

• lahinch_lass
    replied
    anyone else remember the endless list of injuries in 2006 ? every player who put on #13 seemed to get crocked from Barry Murphy onwards, not to mention the other senior players out for crucial games.. I seem to remember the match or 2 before the HEC final our injury list was diabolical & there was some miraculous recoveries in time for that final... fingers crossed...

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    I would also say that the longer the internationals are back the better the team usually plays. Its a pity that 30% of our international contingent is unavailable right now.

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
    Last week was a blip, an Edinburgh if you like, a kick up the hole even.

Whats this "caught between two stools malarkey"...far as I know Penney is still the main man.
    It's been win loss win loss win loss over the last 6 games. I think that's what's worrying me. IF that 50 percent form continues we have little chance of winning anything. Allied to losing Pom JJ Archer we are under the pump a small bit.

I'm not kicking the dresser but I, like all Munster fans want to see us in finals and winning things. The up and down has got to stop this weekend. We've to start stringing results together again

Leave a comment:

• glorob
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
    I hope you are home in time :)

I plan to arrive back in Limerick by train at 10.14 on Tuesday 29th April which happens to be my birthday.

Hopefully someone will give me a present of a few tickets on my return.

Leave a comment:

• barleys chinos
    replied
    Originally posted by Reus View Post
    If we make it 4 losses out of 5 in the business end of the pro 12 then people can hang on the mathematics all they wish, it'll be quite clear we're in no shape to win a trophy.
    When you say we do you mean munster or leinster.

Leave a comment:

• Reus
    replied
    If we make it 4 losses out of 5 in the business end of the pro 12 then people can hang on the mathematics all they wish, it'll be quite clear we're in no shape to win a trophy.

Leave a comment:

• Redgiant
    replied
    I think whats worrying most people is the injury's we picked up in the last 2 games, POM and now JJ. Two vital players at a time and against opposition that we need all we have to really compete and win, that being said Munster could still pick up silverware but only if lessons are truly learned from last week

Leave a comment:

Working...
X