Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2 weeks, 2 deciders and not a trophy in sight.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    2 weeks, 2 deciders and not a trophy in sight.

    A loss will likely see us removed from contention this weekend and a loss next week is a definite expulsion. I think the squad is under intense scrutiny after the last 2 results and severe constraint due to injury, management will be key as to navigating our way to remain in contention for both competitions.

    I hope Axel is learning all he can and relying on his experience in this transitional time, because I have slight concerns this 'between 2 stools' period may leave us empty handed at season end.

    How do you think it'll go?

    Mumhan Abu!
    I am the million man.

    #2
    It could easily end exactly the same as last season.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      A loss will likely see us removed from contention this weekend and a loss next week is a definite expulsion. I think the squad is under intense scrutiny after the last 2 results and severe constraint due to injury, management will be key as to navigating our way to remain in contention for both competitions.

      I hope Axel is learning all he can and relying on his experience in this transitional time, because I have slight concerns this 'between 2 stools' period may leave us empty handed at season end.

      How do you think it'll go?

      Mumhan Abu!
      The first bit is a load of hysteria, when you consider the fixtures left for us and others.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        I hope Axel is learning all he can and relying on his experience in this transitional time, because I have slight concerns this 'between 2 stools' period may leave us empty handed at season end.



        I trust that Axle knows that when between two stools, one must keep pushing on. As who knows when when the chance will come around again. The last thing he would want is to feel like there was unfinished business.
        The axe that cuts the tree can easily forget, but the tree thats been cut will not forget.

        Originally posted by the plastic paddy
        Gwan the Welsh

        Comment


          #5
          2 weeks, 2 deciders and not a trophy in sight.

          Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
          The first bit is a load of hysteria, when you consider the fixtures left for us and others.
          2 away games and home to a team above us? I think that Ulster will be gunning for us because the league is their only battleground now.

          Both back up 9 & 10s crocked and backup tighthead also crocked.


          When the dust settles we may be looking back at the Glasgow and Connacht results as the moment the league slipped our grasp. I hope I'm completely wrong, which goes without saying.
          Last edited by Cowboy; 15th-April-2014, 15:43.
          I am the million man.

          Comment


            #6
            Last week was a blip, an Edinburgh if you like, a kick up the hole even.

            Whats this "caught between two stools malarkey"...far as I know Penney is still the main man.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              A loss will likely see us removed from contention this weekend and a loss next week is a definite expulsion. I think the squad is under intense scrutiny after the last 2 results and severe constraint due to injury, management will be key as to navigating our way to remain in contention for both competitions.

              I hope Axel is learning all he can and relying on his experience in this transitional time, because I have slight concerns this 'between 2 stools' period may leave us empty handed at season end.

              How do you think it'll go?

              Mumhan Abu!

              Worry and negativity are a misuse of your imagination.

              Come Monday week we will all be hunting tickets for the HEC Final.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by glorob View Post
                Worry and negativity are a misuse of your imagination.

                Come Monday week we will all be hunting tickets for the HEC Final.
                Gwan Glorob!!
                Mumha Abu

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by glorob View Post
                  Worry and negativity are a misuse of your imagination.

                  Come Monday week we will all be hunting tickets for the HEC Final.
                  I hope you are home in time

                  Comment


                    #10
                    I think whats worrying most people is the injury's we picked up in the last 2 games, POM and now JJ. Two vital players at a time and against opposition that we need all we have to really compete and win, that being said Munster could still pick up silverware but only if lessons are truly learned from last week
                    Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      If we make it 4 losses out of 5 in the business end of the pro 12 then people can hang on the mathematics all they wish, it'll be quite clear we're in no shape to win a trophy.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Reus View Post
                        If we make it 4 losses out of 5 in the business end of the pro 12 then people can hang on the mathematics all they wish, it'll be quite clear we're in no shape to win a trophy.
                        When you say we do you mean munster or leinster.
                        clowns

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                          I hope you are home in time

                          I plan to arrive back in Limerick by train at 10.14 on Tuesday 29th April which happens to be my birthday.

                          Hopefully someone will give me a present of a few tickets on my return.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
                            Last week was a blip, an Edinburgh if you like, a kick up the hole even.

                            Whats this "caught between two stools malarkey"...far as I know Penney is still the main man.
                            It's been win loss win loss win loss over the last 6 games. I think that's what's worrying me. IF that 50 percent form continues we have little chance of winning anything. Allied to losing Pom JJ Archer we are under the pump a small bit.


                            I'm not kicking the dresser but I, like all Munster fans want to see us in finals and winning things. The up and down has got to stop this weekend. We've to start stringing results together again
                            I am the million man.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              I would also say that the longer the internationals are back the better the team usually plays. Its a pity that 30% of our international contingent is unavailable right now.
                              I am the million man.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X