• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

John Ryan with the one man lift. Bull Hayes-esque
    Mardyke-tastic! :D
    Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter As A Lemon View Post
      It's too easy for "supporters" to bash Duncan Williams, thats the issue, they think it is the popular thing to do. Even when he came on v Toulouse "supporters" started to boo him, a disgraceful act.
      I would say himself and Murphy are our most improved players this year.

Indeed as per your " " . . .those people are not supporters but Dickheads in the guise of supporters.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

John Ryan with the one man lift. Bull Hayes-esque

Hes a savage.

Comment

How did John Ryan get on in the Connacht match, I didn't see it. I've always been a fan of his but I was very disappointed in how he went against Glasgow, they were all bad but John Ryan seemed to miss more tackles than he made.

Comment

He was woeful in defence against Glasgow - but you could see how much he was beating himself up over it. As poor a tackling effort as I've ever seen from a Munster forward. Other aspects of his game are promising though and he has the look of a fella who will work his arse off at training to ensure he learns and does not repeat. I didn't see how he went v Connacht so can't comment.

Comment

Originally posted by Red October View Post
              He was woeful in defence against Glasgow - but you could see how much he was beating himself up over it. As poor a tackling effort as I've ever seen from a Munster forward. Other aspects of his game are promising though and he has the look of a fella who will work his arse off at training to ensure he learns and does not repeat. I didn't see how he went v Connacht so can't comment.
              My stream was not the greatest but I thought Ryan played well on Saturday. Worth remembering when comparing the two games that he played loose head against Glasgow and tight head against Connacht. Now I am no expert but I imagine that the two positions involve different pressures and defensive responsibilities.

Comment

Re: John Ryan. He was excellent in the scrums, especially in the first half. I can't remember Loughney getting one up on him. He carried well in the loose and put in a good shift at the rucks. He missed the odd tackle here and there (IIRC) but all in all he had a fine game. He was overshadowed by his loose head team mate who was excellent in his ball carrying all day but that is not taking away from the lads effort.
                He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                  Hes a savage.
                  In fact, he and all belonging to him, are lovely, charming young fellas. Farming background, mind, so that may explain the Bull homage. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                    In fact, he and all belonging to him, are lovely, charming young fellas. Farming background, mind, so that may explain the Bull homage. ;)

I know a chap who used to coach him . .and Archer. He always reckoned Ryan was the one of the two. Im a huge fan of Archer but I think we have yet to see, really see what Ryan has. . .

He's a savage. Single lift overhead with a man that weighs the same as you or maybe a bit less, pure savage . . .Thats as high as compliments get imo
                    Last edited by Corcíoch; 24-April-2014, 00:15.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
                      I know a chap who used to coach him . .and Archer. He always reckoned Ryan was the one of the two. Im a huge fan of Archer but I think we have yet to see, really see what Ryan has. . .

He's a savage. Single lift overhead with a man that weighs the same as you or maybe a bit less, pure savage . . .Thats as high as compliments get imo
                      Does he prefer loose head or tight head? Great that he can play both but now he is essential on the tight head side. The lad who impressed me in Plymouth was young Scott, I think he played tight head the other day as well rather than loose head where he came on back in October.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                        Does he prefer loose head or tight head? Great that he can play both but now he is essential on the tight head side. The lad who impressed me in Plymouth was young Scott, I think he played tight head the other day as well rather than loose head where he came on back in October.
                        Another ex-College player. Regular Goddamn prop factory, so we are. :D

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          No Idea, never asked him that. I think it was TH, they were both TH for UCC I think.

Comment

Working...
                          X