Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A watch - a wristband - what the hell is it?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A watch - a wristband - what the hell is it?

OK so we all know the match last night was cat! No argument here. A miserable 80 minutes. Worried about all the money I spent on the trip to Marseille. What the hell happened? Yada Yada Yada. It's all be said before on other threads.

My big question is this - what the hell was the red yoke that they were giving out free outside the ground with Seat & Munster logos on it. Did anyone else get one? More importantly did ye figure it out yet?

I thought it was a watch - it's a silicon sort of wristband yoke with a square digital face. Right now it shows a big 7 and a smaller 44 and is flashing "Hello". On the back there are two very tiny little buttons marked "A" and "M". When you push "A" *which is difficult with adult figures - nothing happens. When you push "M" the display changes to big 4 and a small 21 for a second or two and then goes back the former display. Last night at one stage during the match I was playing with it (cos after all anything was better than watching the cack that was going on on the pitch) and Idid something to it that changed the display to a second counter. At some point in the interminable second half it reverted to the original display. At least it kept me entertained for about 5 minutes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Puzzled in Clare!
    Last edited by Travellingkitty; 13th-April-2014, 10:28. Reason: typo
    \"Whoso would be a man, must be a non-conformist, and preferably play in the pack.\" - Ralph Waldo Emerson

It's a wrist watch, that's it. You need to set the time by pushing a nib of a pen/pencil into the button holes and keep pushing one of them until you get the current hour, do the same with the other button until you get the current minute. Hope that solves your query

Comment

It's a Pride, Honesty & Cromulence Monitor. It connects back with HQ to detect your relative levels of Pride, Honesty & Cromulence. If it detects that you are dipping into the danger zone (called the Connacht zone) it delivers a short sharp shock to reinvigorate you. If it detects that you are dipping into the critical flat-line zone (called the Bloomagoo zone) it sends out an emergency signal and a crack team of Pride, Honesty & Cromulence Emergency Technicians are dispatched to perform CPR (Cromulence Pride Resuscitation) and administer an Honesty injection straight into the heart. To complete the procedure they bring you to the nearest Lifestyle Sports where you purchase the entire Munster range.
      The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

He's spoofing,
        it's an inefficient promotional weapon on behalf of Say-at and Monester inc, imoho.
        Last edited by ustix; 13th-April-2014, 11:46.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

The players couldn't figure it out either. Distracted them completely.. Seat should have handed them out after the game.
          "We are going to hope to keep improving the environment in Munster. It’s about improving and setting standards where players and coaches can improve. Hopefully we can offer that more than just money.” Johann Van Graan 20/12/2017

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
            It's a Pride, Honesty & Cromulence Monitor. It connects back with HQ to detect your relative levels of Pride, Honesty & Cromulence. If it detects that you are dipping into the danger zone (called the Connacht zone) it delivers a short sharp shock to reinvigorate you. If it detects that you are dipping into the critical flat-line zone (called the Bloomagoo zone) it sends out an emergency signal and a crack team of Pride, Honesty & Cromulence Emergency Technicians are dispatched to perform CPR (Cromulence Pride Resuscitation) and administer an Honesty injection straight into the heart. To complete the procedure they bring you to the nearest Lifestyle Sports where you purchase the entire Munster range.
            Post of the year! Love it!
            Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by Travellingkitty View Post
              OK so we all know the match last night was cat! No argument here. A miserable 80 minutes. Worried about all the money I spent on the trip to Marseille. What the hell happened? Yada Yada Yada. It's all be said before on other threads.

My big question is this - what the hell was the red yoke that they were giving out free outside the ground with Seat & Munster logos on it. Did anyone else get one? More importantly did ye figure it out yet?

I thought it was a watch - it's a silicon sort of wristband yoke with a square digital face. Right now it shows a big 7 and a smaller 44 and is flashing "Hello". On the back there are two very tiny little buttons marked "A" and "M". When you push "A" *which is difficult with adult figures - nothing happens. When you push "M" the display changes to big 4 and a small 21 for a second or two and then goes back the former display. Last night at one stage during the match I was playing with it (cos after all anything was better than watching the cack that was going on on the pitch) and Idid something to it that changed the display to a second counter. At some point in the interminable second half it reverted to the original display. At least it kept me entertained for about 5 minutes.

Anyone got any ideas?

Puzzled in Clare!
              I now feel robbed and deprived as I didn't get one of these thingimujigs and had to sit through match wondering if I defaced the programme could I claim that IPAD mini. That and the fact I saw more resembling a rolling maul in tag rugby than Munsters effort yesterday.........we will still beat Toulon though

Comment

Working...
              X