Crossing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crossing

Is the punishment for an accidental crossing infringement (Ala Tod last night) too harsh ? At worst, an indirect penalty would suffice.

No, annoys me more when it's ignored. Leinster and New Zealand are the masters of blocking/interfering dummy runners.
    Commemorate Nevin Spence here -
    http://www.mycharity.ie/event/munste..._nevin_spence/

Comment

Common sense has to be applied. If a team gains no advantage then what's the problem. If its intentional then reward a penalty.

Comment

AR gave an accidental offside against us earlier in the game despite both tacklers still hitting the man.
        Can't believe he gave crossing rather an accidental offside against the TOD, I would say it was fairly clear that it wasn't intentional.
        Shameless self promotion time ladies and gents!
        Munster: Early Season
        Munster: Escape from Pool of Death
        Munster: HEC Champions 2007/2008
        Munster: Full Season Highlights.

Comment

Blocking and interference as opposed to an Accidental Offside should be looked at differently.

Last nights JJ into TOD moment was simple stupidity, it wasn't cynical foul play. A scrum would more than suffice for that.

It is the same as the offside player who touches the ball following a knock on . . . . .that is very often a simple reflex action as opposed to cynical foul play and the resulting Penalty is also a very very harsh decision. That is one rule that has to change imo . . .

Comment

No such thing as crossing, the penalty is either for offside or obstruction and in the case of the latter it has to be the movement or action of the obstructor that causes the offense: ie if i am onside and the ball carrier then runs behind me i cannot be considered to have obstructed as it the action of the ball carrier that caused it.

Also in been both cases there has to be a demonstrable material effect on the play: so if i am chasing a winger but unlikely to catch him and you step in to my path then I should not get a penalty - foul play being an obvious exception

That's why you sometimes see no penalty given despite the supporters baying for one, they doný know the laws or interpretations being applied

Comment

Working...
            X