• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power players : the most powerful people in Irish rugby

An interesting who's who of Irish Rugby

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/r...by-259699.html

I was expecting a list with Cain Healy and so on with weight lifting stats
    "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

and not a Con man in sight
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
        and not a Con man in sight
        There is 1

Comment

Originally posted by Burgers View Post
          There is 1
          GF ?

Comment

Originally posted by Point View Post
            GF ?
            :-)

Comment

Interesting that in all the talk of commercial club owners vs "blazers", the top guy on that list is a PWC partner of the ilk that said commercial club owners pay thousands of pounds per day for advice.

It would be interesting to see more on the experience that the "blazers" have beyond rugby.
              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

I believe there is a property developer of repute on that list ..

Pretty varied background from what I can gather. I think that Browne has done a good job with the IRFU, and it is interesting that his expertise in sport is outside rugby.

Maybe we will see the performance post go to someone outside of rugby, or even someone in rugby outside of Ireland?
                Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by fitzy73 View Post
                  I believe there is a property developer of repute on that list ..
                  Owing €50m + ?

Comment

I didn't say "a successful property developer" ...
                    Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

I was surprised that they had no info on how much any of these people are earning. But I probably shouldn't be

Comment

Surely Noisy Noel and Tommy Kiernan still have some influence on what goes on....
                        He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                          I was surprised that they had no info on how much any of these people are earning. But I probably shouldn't be
                          Tom Grace is retired (he is Hon. Treasurer of IRFU, so would only be entitled to expenses). That would be the situation for all the IRFU elected people on boards. They are only entitled to expenses.

Browne was on something similar to Padraig Duffy of the GAA (about a quarter of what Delaney is on). I remember thinking at the time that it was modest enough.

Feehan should be on big money.

Fair play to Tom Grace on not letting his amateur club affiliations to St Mary's not influence his negotiations with Sexton, also of St Marys.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post
                            Tom Grace is retired (he is Hon. Treasurer of IRFU, so would only be entitled to expenses). That would be the situation for all the IRFU elected people on boards. They are only entitled to expenses.

Browne was on something similar to Padraig Duffy of the GAA (about a quarter of what Delaney is on). I remember thinking at the time that it was modest enough.

Feehan should be on big money.

Fair play to Tom Grace on not letting his amateur club affiliations to St Mary's not influence his negotiations with Sexton, also of St Marys.
                            Its madness to think that the gaa and irfu while being far more successful on and off the pitch have directors happy to earn what they do while the fai, a shambles of an organization that has presided over the near death of Irish soccer pays so much more to the great administrator of delaney

Comment

Finbarr Crowley sounds like a very shrewd operator. He has the whole legal side of things wrapped up no doubt.

Martin O'Sullivan is a gent.
                              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Working...
                              X