Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Axel Confirmed as New Head Coach.

Munster Rugby‏@Munsterrugby·2 mins
    Anthony Foley today confirmed as the next Munster Rugby Head Coach, starting July 1st on a 2 year contract. #SUAF

Only 2 years?

Should be for life.
    Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Good that the speculation is over. Best of luck to Foley for his tenure, and I look forward to see who his coaching staff will be.

Comment

*Blllliiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk*

Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Good for him, one of our greats.

Comment

I wonder if he smiled at all when he was got it

Comment

Is it the same as Penney's contract when he initially signed, is it with a view to a further year?? That could be the stumbling block one again when re-negotiating his contract. Also has a Backs coach and assistants been named??

Comment

Aboydakid!
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Not exactly a shock, and I suppose it's good that we sorted this without all the faffing around that went on after McGahan left.

I'm still unsure. I can't see from where so many people are getting the idea that he's the ideal appointment, plus he has big shoes to fill and a lot of very good work to carry forward. But I hope I look back at this post in 2 years' time thinking "Shut up, you utter pillock".

One of my favourite players, anywhere, ever. If he can live up to the standards he set on the field as a coach then we have nothing to worry about. Best of luck Axel.
                  "It’s not the team you support, it’s the club you should support. The team on the pitch will ebb and flow because that’s the nature of sport. No team has ever been successful decade on decade. The club has the history and that’s the passion you should have."

Comment

Well said Axle: On confirmation of the promotion, Anthony Foley added: "I am very happy to be selected as the next Munster Rugby Head Coach. It is a huge honour and privilege for me.
                    "I am very fortunate to have played and achieved success with this club, my home club, at the top level and now I look forward to leading the next generation of Munster players to future success in the red jersey.
                    "But before that we have a job to do this season and I will continue to play my part, working closely with Rob [Penney], Simon [Mannix] and Ian [Costello], as we push for titles."
                    www.WestTerraceView.wordpress.com

Comment

Option of a third year included. Not sure why they do that, only leads to uncertainty.

I have big reservations about this appointment. Garrett Fitz said we didn't interview anyone else, surely we should have been scouring the globe for the best candidate? God only knows how the Penney/Mannix and Foley relationship will hold up for the rest of the season now.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorns View Post
                        I wonder if he smiled at all when he was got it
                        Heresy! HERESY!!!!
                        Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

2 years + a third optional looks to be the standard contract that Munster offer.
                          It was the contract Penney signed up to, & I think McGahan also signed up to that as well.

Comment

What does option of a third year mean? Surely either party can turn down the third year.

Comment

I would hope he wouldn't have taken it unless he thought he could be the difference, so on that note...Congratulations! I think though our Penney season has a lot to produce yet and hopefully there will be very large shoes to fill.
                              Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Working...
                              X