Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POC and Kimmage

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • EddieHalvey
    replied
    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
    It's only with old dog gone that you appreciate the skills of a decent wum. The gerwebbs and EddieHalveys of this world are pitiful in comparison.
    So not towing the party line means an individual is a "wum"? (whatever that is)

    What goes with the flow? Dead fish. It's important to critically evaluate, avoid the herd mentality and not blindly state that everyone involved in Munster is a "ligind".

    Leave a comment:


  • bostonfan
    replied
    Use a munster publisher

    Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
    Kimmage is a sports writer with ideas above his ability - his so-called psychological insights have all of the sagacity of Dubyas statement that he had looked into Putins eyes and had a sense of his soul. That kind of blather. He is possessed of the curse of the S Times sports writers of the big name, in believing he can write authoritatively on all sports - see Walsh, David - and he cannot, beyond the world of cycling where he has done good work. One of BODs few enough mistakes, apart from that blond thing with the hair and GG, was his decision to engage PK as ghostwriter, not knowing that the book would ultimately as always be 'The Kimmage Story - the BOD Years'. POC will not fall for that nonsense and his trip down to Limerick was POCs quiet and understated way of imposing boundaries on PK, seeing him correctly as trying to get at BOD via another door. The wedding comment was nicely nuanced by POC.
    Not a single Munster player has had their book published by a Munster publisher. In fact only Quinny has had an Irish publisher much less a Cork or Limerick one. They don't even ask Munster or Irish publishers to quote. Maybe POC could be the first or are all their agents on backhanders from UK publishers-BOD is being published by Penguin. Come on and give a Munster publisher a chance-one in Cork even published a Sydney Swans one for Kenneallly!
    Last edited by bostonfan; 20th-February-2014, 23:33. Reason: wrong spelling

    Leave a comment:


  • mr chips
    replied
    Originally posted by B.A. View Post
    It's only with old dog gone that you appreciate the skills of a decent wum. The gerwebbs and EddieHalveys of this world are pitiful in comparison.
    I was wondering the other day whether each of them might secretly be keeping an ever-more-hideous picture of the other in his attic.

    Leave a comment:


  • B.A.
    replied
    Originally posted by sewa View Post
    Still desperately trying but getting no bites Eddie, its sad to see such poor standard wumming
    It's only with old dog gone that you appreciate the skills of a decent wum. The gerwebbs and EddieHalveys of this world are pitiful in comparison.

    Leave a comment:


  • sewa
    replied
    Still desperately trying but getting no bites Eddie, its sad to see such poor standard wumming

    Leave a comment:


  • EddieHalvey
    replied
    Originally posted by tickettout
    Jackman's book said the second 15 were given license by EOS in a trial game to cheat and push the limits with first team.
    Caldwell kept being offside and cheating and POC hit him with a punch. Training was cancelled etc.
    POC apologised to all the Ulster guys the next day in a speech supposedly.

    Jackmans book was relatively good. Gave an insight into the Leinster v Munster stuff in Irish camp.
    Jackman's book was outstanding. Absolutely outstanding.

    Really enjoyed the bits about Contepomi and his relationship with Munster. Can understand where his bitterness came from when he was subjected to some disgusting comments about the Falklands etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • Major TNT
    replied
    Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post
    Kimmage is a sports writer with ideas above his ability - his so-called psychological insights have all of the sagacity of Dubyas statement that he had looked into Putins eyes and had a sense of his soul. That kind of blather. He is possessed of the curse of the S Times sports writers of the big name, in believing he can write authoritatively on all sports - see Walsh, David - and he cannot, beyond the world of cycling where he has done good work. One of BODs few enough mistakes, apart from that blond thing with the hair and GG, was his decision to engage PK as ghostwriter, not knowing that the book would ultimately as always be 'The Kimmage Story - the BOD Years'. POC will not fall for that nonsense and his trip down to Limerick was POCs quiet and understated way of imposing boundaries on PK, seeing him correctly as trying to get at BOD via another door. The wedding comment was nicely nuanced by POC.
    you've obviously never met Glenda Gilson, she is not a mistake on any level!

    Leave a comment:


  • Daithi
    replied
    Originally posted by Red Hand Hero View Post
    .
    I'm sure it did affect POC, when you throw a punch and the other guy doesn't get up its a scary moment ....
    it's nearly as scary as when you hit a fella repeatedly (like maybe an international cookie prop once upon a time) but he does get up and tells you exactly what he's going to do to you when he catches you.... now that was scary :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • bazzyg
    replied
    Originally posted by bosh12 View Post
    Sorry wasn't aware POC had book on the go! Any idea who ghost writer is?
    English is what I heard, it's a while since I heard it and I never saw anything official about it anywhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • Red Hand Hero
    replied
    Originally posted by tickettout
    Jackman's book said the second 15 were given license by EOS in a trial game to cheat and push the limits with first team.
    Caldwell kept being offside and cheating and POC hit him with a punch. Training was cancelled etc.
    POC apologised to all the Ulster guys the next day in a speech supposedly.

    Jackmans book was relatively good. Gave an insight into the Leinster v Munster stuff in Irish camp.
    Caldwell was a fool of the highest order, not a brain in his head. I would have little doubt he was doing something, probably stupidly, beyond pushing the limits.

    Shame really because If Caldwell had half a brain he would have been a serious player.

    I'm sure it did affect POC, when you throw a punch and the other guy doesn't get up its a scary moment if realisation. I am sure even worse when played out as described.

    Leave a comment:


  • Red Hand Hero
    replied
    Interesting enough though probably nothing ground breaking. Kimmage definitely angling for the biog. Love that Claw was still puffing away in 2002.

    Had heard about the Caldwell incident at the time though the way it was painted to me was there was more than one punch thrown but that Caldwell had been acting the clown and pushing the limits himself and POC had enough.

    Leave a comment:


  • John123
    replied
    I was speaking to a man that was at POC wedding, and it was purely a case of he had too much on and couldn't afford to give the 3-4 days to the wedding. He wasn't the only one to miss it for similar reasons, but PK clearly wanted to put an angle on it.

    Leave a comment:


  • idontnowatimtalkingabout
    replied
    re: why bod didnt go to poc wedding, im sure most people dont care,and not speaking with any great authority, but bod had just spent 6 weeks away from home,it would have been his holidays,he has a 4/5 month child who he probably had'nt seen in a while,his wife is a working actress,and maybe getting off a plane form oz,getting on a plane to france for a few days with a young child,didnt appeal to him. just my thoughts no conspiracy theories here

    Leave a comment:


  • nuke
    replied
    Originally posted by Tonic wine
    Does anyone know why BOD didn't attend POCs wedding?
    Does anybody really care ?

    Leave a comment:


  • bosh12
    replied
    Sorry wasn't aware POC had book on the go! Any idea who ghost writer is?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X