Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Provisional Heineken Cup Rankings for 2014-5 If there is one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Provisional Heineken Cup Rankings for 2014-5 If there is one

    After the Pool Stages, assuming that the competition will continue next season and that the same ranking system is used, here are the Rankings:
    1 Leinster 33*
    2 Toulon 26*
    3 Clermont 25*
    4 Ulster 22*
    5 Munster 20*
    6 Toulouse 20*
    7 Saracens 17*
    8 Harlequins 17**
    9 Northampton 17**
    10 Stade Francais 16***
    11 Leicester 15*
    12 BOPB 15
    13 Cardiff 12
    14 USAP 12
    15 Edinburgh 11
    16 Wasps 9***
    17 Montpellier 9
    18 Scarlets 8
    19 Bath 8***
    20 Brive 8***
    21 Gloucester 7**
    22 Castres 7
    23 Ospreys 7
    24 Glasgow 7
    25 Exeter 6
    26 Racing 6
    27 Connacht 5
    28 Treviso 4
    29 Sale 3***
    30 London Irish 3
    31 Zebre 2
    32 La Rochelle 2
    33 Dragons 1
    34 Bucharest Wolves 0
    35 Bayonne 0
    36 I Cavalieri Prato 0
    37 Worcester 0
    38 Bordeaux Begles 0
    39 Mogliano 0
    40 Calvisano 0
    41 Grenoble 0
    42 Newcastle 0
    43 Burgoin 0
    44 Oyonnax 0
    45 Lusitanos 0
    * can get up to six more points, 2 for winning in each of the knock-out rounds of the Heineken.
    ** can get up to three more points, one for winning in each of the knock-out rounds of the Amlin.
    *** can get up to four more points, two for winning in the Amlin Quarter-finals and one each for winning the Semi-Final and Final.

    Munster are fifth at present and, assuming that this year's winners will become a Pot One team next year, Munster need to be in the top four to ensure a Pot One ranking, unless one of the four teams above them, Leinster, Toulon, Clermont or Ulster win out.
    They must beat Toulouse, otherwise Toulouse would pass them out leaving Munster 6th at best and in a pool with Toulon, Clermont, Toulouse or Saracens or Leicester if they win out this year.

    Beating Toulouse would be enough if Ulster were to lose in the QF as long as Saracens don't win out.
    If Ulster beat Saracens, and then lose the SF, Munster must get to the Final to pass them.
    If Ulster get to the final, Munster must win out to pass them.
    They must win out to pass out Toulon or Clermont both of whom must lose in the QF.
    They cannot pass out Leinster.


    Leinster will be a Pot One team next year.

    Ulster will be a Pot One team next year unless they lose to Saracens and either they or Leicester win out.

    Connacht will be a Pot Four team next year if they qualify.
    Last edited by Piquet; 12th-February-2014, 16:11. Reason: Typos added in Leicester winning to put Ulster into pot Two if they lose to Sarries

    #2
    ****. Better win it so.
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

    Comment


      #3
      They must beat Toulouse, otherwise Toulouse would pass them out leaving Munster 6th at best and in a pool with Toulon, Clermont, Toulouse or Saracens or Leicester if they win out this year
      I think you mean Leinster here.

      I presume that the same rule about not being grouped with a team from your own country will still apply.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Piquet View Post
        They must beat Toulouse, otherwise Toulouse would pass them out leaving Munster 6th at best and in a pool with Toulon, Clermont, Toulouse or Saracens or Leicester if they win out this year.
        Originally posted by Paddytheman View Post
        I think you mean Leinster here.

        I presume that the same rule about not being grouped with a team from your own country will still apply.
        No, if Munster become a Pot Two team, they will get a Pot One team. As you say above, they cannot get Ulster or Leinster so they'll get Toulon, Toulouse or Clermont or Sarries or Leicester if either of the latter two win out.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Piquet View Post
          No, if Munster become a Pot Two team, they will get a Pot One team. As you say above, they cannot get Ulster or Leinster so they'll get Toulon, Toulouse or Clermont or Sarries or Leicester if either of the latter two win out.
          My bad.

          I wouldn't mind a trip to Leicester, we haven't been there in ages. Mind you, Toulon, Toulouse and Clermont were all great towns to go to as well. Wouldn't bother me if I never saw the new Saracens home ground.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Paddytheman View Post
            My bad.

            I wouldn't mind a trip to Leicester, we haven't been there in ages. Mind you, Toulon, Toulouse and Clermont were all great towns to go to as well. Wouldn't bother me if I never saw the new Saracens home ground.
            Alas I've seen the Saracens home ground.
            Of course who we really want to play next season is this seasons Amlin winners.
            Assuming the greatest scrum-half of all time is still with them!
            english by birth

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by munster by marriage View Post
              Alas I've seen the Saracens home ground.
              Of course who we really want to play next season is this seasons Amlin winners.
              Assuming the greatest scrum-half of all time is still with them!
              I don't know. Bath is a bit posh for the likes of us.

              Comment


                #8
                Top 7 are all in the last 8 this season.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Hmm, so if the 5x4 team groups mooted in the all new and improved HEC for next year then all we need to do is win the quarter against Toulouse to stay in the top flight. Unless Saracens flatten all in their wake of course.

                  Schweet. Or at least schweeter than before anyway.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by LHD View Post
                    Hmm, so if the 5x4 team groups mooted in the all new and improved HEC for next year then all we need to do is win the quarter against Toulouse to stay in the top flight. Unless Saracens flatten all in their wake of course.

                    Schweet. Or at least schweeter than before anyway.
                    Toulouse will have to turn around their domestic form or they might not even be in the HEC next season.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X