Aled Walters, Munster Strength & Conditioning coach

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aled Walters, Munster Strength & Conditioning coach

Not sure if this article has been posted or linked on the forum this week. It's an interview with Aled Walters, S&C coach since 2012.

He has some interesting comments on Paul O'Connell's back operation and Keith Earls' powers of recovery.

http://www.thescore.ie/munster-rugby...89960-Jan2014/
    "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Aled speaking about fitness levels in the squad mid season. Thought this was a refreshing insight as opposed to the usual player interview for a change.

forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Aled is a top man. Genuinely friendly.
      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Thanks for everything Aled. Top man.

Comment

Wish Aled the very best of luck in SA. Played a big role in Munsters success last season.

Comment

Is he leaving?
            Hip Flasks at the ready, double for a Stringer ankle tap!

Comment

Personally, I'll always remember him thusly

"They think they know us, but they haven't a clue"

Comment

Originally posted by Ruckuss View Post
                Is he leaving?
                Unfortunately . https://munsterrugby.ie/2018/01/09/walters-moving-on/

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Five View Post
                  Wish Aled the very best of luck in SA. Played a big role in Munsters success last season.
                  Sounds like Rassie felt the same way

Comment

Best of Luck to him.

Comment

Big gap to be leaving during the season - head of strength and conditioning. Awful lot of disruption again.

Comment

5/6 years is a long time in that position for one club. Huge turnover rate usually. Should be plenty of viable options out there.

Good luck to him. Great opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                          Big gap to be leaving during the season - head of strength and conditioning. Awful lot of disruption again.
                          Not much disruption at all. Very same as when Bryce moved on, Aled stepped in. The S&C dept all work extremely well together and will continue the work practices they used under Aled, and will continue to do so with whoever comes in for Aled, even though there maybe slight differences in practice,as it was with Bryce.

Comment

A nice guy as I said before.

He's moving on and up after a long (in S&C terms) stint with us.

I can't see that a change in personnel in that role could be overly disruptive.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by Keyop View Post
                              Not much disruption at all. Very same as when Bryce moved on, Aled stepped in. The S&C dept all work extremely well together and will continue the work practices they used under Aled, and will continue to do so with whoever comes in for Aled, even though there maybe slight differences in practice,as it was with Bryce.
                              Fair enough- I'll bow to your knowledge. Will say it can be hard to quantify missing a big personality around the place. By all accounts he was very well liked.

Comment

Working...
                              X