Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The East Terrace will be a little bit quieter...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The East Terrace will be a little bit quieter...

My wonderful loud and passionate brother Shane Courtney lost his battle with cancer this evening. Hard to think that he was in Gloucester as late as three weekends ago. We five brothers roared Munster on home and away for many years, but he was the first in, the loudest and the best of us all.

A true voice of the east terrace, a pain in the ass to visiting props in particular,
    the East Terrace will be just that little bit quieter from now on.

To those who played with Shannon, Ard Acoil Ris, St. Enda's , Presentation, and Old Creacent, you've
    lost one of your own.
    Offside Ref! He's being doing it all day

Sorry to hear that news Eastender.
    \"God gave me the talent but the forwards gave me the ball\" - Jannie De Beer

\"I hesitate to use words like spiritual or religious, but to see what rugby means to Munster people is very moving\" Shaun Payne

I look back on 2008 at the Millennium Stadium as the highlight of my career because, although being capped by New Zealand and playing for the All Blacks was fantastic, this was special. - Doug Howlett

Comment

My condolences, Eastender, to you and your family. Rest in peace, Shane.

Comment

RIP

Comment

Rip

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	2478705
            On the far right, at Harlequins
            Offside Ref! He's being doing it all day

Comment

Sincere condolences to you and your extended family Eastender.

RIP Shane.

Comment

Sincere sympathy to you and your family Eastender.
                "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in.
                I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.
                A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me?
                No! I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Deepest sympathy to you and all the family, try and remember the great times you had with him on tour and in Thomond Pk.

May Shane rest in peace.

Comment

So sorry to hear that EE! I've seen you all at many matches together. We always seemed to be near you and could always hear ye shout! Very best wishes from myself and Bosco. We will shout that bit louder at the next match for Shane.
                    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Condolences to you and your family Eastender. RIP Shane.
                      Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

That's a sorry end to a young person. sincerest sympathy to you and your families.RIP Shane. We met ye last in Perpignan.
                        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

I met you all when you arrived at Kingsholm only a few weeks ago, indeed we also met the day that picture was taken at the Stoop and on many other away trips all over Europe.

My condolences to you and your family on the loss of Shane. I hope the memories of the great days you shared together supporting Munster across Europe help ease the pain of your loss.

Comment

My condolences to you & your family EE.

Comment

Very sorry to hear that, Eastender. Sincere condolences.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                              X