The Six Nations Vs The Heineken Cup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 1014 Six Nations is going to be with us shortly and it is still possible the end of the Heineken cup . Which tournament do you prefer to watch or which of the two tournaments do you think is the best

For me the Heineken cup is the best by a country mile there will be more atmosphere , quality of rugby , passion and drama in the 4 Heineken cup quarter finals than there will be in the entire six nations
    The Heineken Cup
    77.78%
    The Six Nations
    22.22%

AHH No, not again, pleeease
    We made a balls of it, and that's something we've got to live with: Ronan O'Gara. (losing home HC record v Leicester)

Look at soccer. If you get tackled, you pretend you are half dead. If you get punched in the face in rugby, you try to pretend nothing happened. (Paul O'Connell)

Comment

Originally posted by Out Half View Post
      The 1014 Six Nations is going to be with us shortly and it is still possible the end of the Heineken cup . Which tournament do you prefer to watch or which of the two tournaments do you think is the best

For me the Heineken cup is the best by a country mile there will be more atmosphere , quality of rugby , passion and drama in the 4 Heineken cup quarter finals than there will be in the entire six nations
      Great, just when I thought Munster were getting out of the Dark ages.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	TripleFacePalm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	2478635
        "You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in.
        I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger.
        A guy opens his door and gets shot, and you think that of me?
        No! I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

As a Munster man it think the Heineken cup is great and being at the 2006 final is a special memory for me , one that I will never forget . As an Irishman though the grand slam we won was simply unbeatable , what a day for rugby in our country .
          Where is the button to say I love both tournaments and every year pray that the Munster players in particular come through it injury free ?.

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
            Presumably Ireland will be playing home games in Clontarf.
            Last edited by whimpersnap; 21st-January-2014, 18:37.

Comment

The Battle of Clontarf bate the two of em.
              Anybody who sees a psychiatrist would want their head examined.*&nb sp;Henry Ford

Comment

**** me! Who invented the time machine? I never knew the 6 nations was that old.
                Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

Battle of clontarf took place on the 23rd April 1014, & the 25/26/27th April 2014 is the HEC semi final weekend. So almost a 1,000 years on to the day, & the battle could be restarted in lansdowne road.

Comment

top googling!
                    The Source for this post is The Internet

Comment

Originally posted by Boo-boo View Post
                      **** me! Who invented the time machine? I never knew the 6 nations was that old.
                      Any fool nows dat it was the 5 nations at the time of Clontarf. Italy didn't join 'till waaay after that.
                      If it wasn\'t for venetian blinds,it would be curtains for all of us....

Comment

As an English Munster fan, it's got to be the Heineken cup.
                        Although I do seem to get to the pub more for the 6N, which makes it a tough call.
                        english by birth

Comment

No option for the Amlin?
                          When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                            Stick with us Dougie,the future is bright ,unlike this thread.

Comment

They're not really in competition with each other so why pick just one?

Neither are perfect mind, the hec is starting to become predictable and dominated by the elite teams while the Six Nations is dictated by whos playing who at home in any given year.

Comment

Working...
                              X