HEC QF: Munster V Toulouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shane Byrne was hilarious on RTE today. Talking about Q Finals

He said Toulouse were off form before but were back to their best now . . . .(was that what Yesterdays result against Zebre was?).

And that Toulouse having been to Thomond Park many times would have no issue with it. (they've never been there I believe).

Comment

Johne's break and pass for BJ's non try a thing of beauty
      Con Artist

Comment

Originally posted by glorob View Post
        I believe whoever wins the Munster v Toulouse quarter final will win this season's HEC.
        Genuinely?

I can't see it if I'm honest.
        I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
          I reckon it'll be Ulster/Sarries (Fri), Toulon/Leinster (Sat early), Munster/Toulouse (Sat late) and Clermont/Leicester (Sun).
          I wonder will Ulster have/want to play their first game in their new stadium in daylight? After Thomond was extended we had to open with restricted capacity, Ulster may not have time for that so might try with a daytime ko.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post

He said Toulouse were off form before but were back to their best now . . . .(was that what Yesterdays result against Zebre was?).

And that Toulouse having been to Thomond Park many times would have no issue with it. (they've never been there I believe).
            He's a poor man's Cracker.
            The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by The Word Is Born View Post
              He's a poor man's Cracker.

He also said that from now on Ulster can be regarded as being as good as the other two provinces . . . that they had reached that level now . . . .

Oh and of course he all but came straight out and said that Leinster would be just as happy away to Toulon as at home to, that they had no problem going to France and winning.

Man is away with the birds.

Comment

I heard that too on the radio travelling home, laughed out loud listening to him. Don't let facts get in the way of the points you are making Shane
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

The Thomond Park crowd will need to bring the A game. ST have never experienced it so we'll have to match Sale 2006 & All Blacks for noise. Be ready. best bib and tucker everyone
                  Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Ah lads, can we play this game in the morning? I'm far too excited to wait until April.

Comment

I nearly skidded off the road when I heard that on the radio driving home.

"Toulouse are just starting to come good" I believe is what he said, an astonishing statement considering the results against Connacht and Zebre. They have lost every single Top 14 game away from home this season so what exactly was The Muppet Mullet basing his assessment on?

But that statement about Toulouse being familiar with TP because of all their recent visits was unbelievable, he hasn't a clue. Why bother asking him if all he's going to continually do is regurgitate lazy analysis, incorrect facts and only want to talk about Leinster? Made a fool of himself.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                        The Thomond Park crowd will need to bring the A game. ST have never experienced it so we'll have to match Sale 2006 & All Blacks for noise. Be ready. best bib and tucker everyone
                        Keep everything crossed for an evening K.O so. Everyone with a little extra lubrication in the city's fine hostilities then onto Thomond to let fly
                        Con Artist

Comment

I believe Shane Byrne is in the refuse collection and disposal business, he sure has hell talks enough of rubbish.
                          Definition of Insanity. Playing the same game plan over and over again expecting a different result.

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                            Keep everything crossed for an evening K.O so. Everyone with a little extra lubrication in the city's fine hostilities then onto Thomond to let fly
                            I know Limerick has an (undeserved) reputation but I think you meant hostelries.

Comment

Now, that is a Freudian slip.
                              The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Comment

Originally posted by munstermog View Post
                                I believe Shane Byrne is in the refuse collection and disposal business, he sure has hell talks enough of rubbish.

Agree very hard on the ear! Speaks with very little knowledge of the game. Think Jackman is one of the best on the radio.
                                Last edited by Kauto; 19-January-2014, 21:49.

Comment

Working...
                                X