HEC QF: Munster V Toulouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorob View Post
    Munster v Toulouse is a game between the aristocrats of European club rugby and they have 6 titles between them. It is the pick of the quarter finals and worthy of prime time on Saturday evening.
    Toulon V Leinster is between the two most recent winners.... Take off the red tinted glasses and we are down the pecking order a small bit (for the moment)

Comment

last 3 years it has been 2 1/4 finals on the saturday and 2 1/4 finals on the sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
        Toulon V Leinster is between the two most recent winners.... Take off the red tinted glasses and we are down the pecking order a small bit (for the moment)
        I believe whoever wins the Munster v Toulouse quarter final will win this season's HEC.

Comment

there are 2 french broadcasters.
          the first one, France Televisions takes sat and sun KO 15h. So Toulon and Clermont games.
          the other, Canal Plus, likes sat early or friday night. For us v TL.
          so Ulster will play friday 20h or sat 18h.

Comment

I believe whoever wins the Munster v Toulouse quarter final will win this season's HEC.
            Best make sure that it's us then.
            Con Artist

Comment

Can't help feeling our relatively small numbers in the Irish squad is really going to work to our advantage in the coming months.
              Last edited by dubaicookie; 19-January-2014, 20:15.

Comment

Is it April yet?
                Stick to your guns Joe keep picking your boys.
                clowns

Comment

Originally posted by barleys chinos View Post
                  Is it April yet?
                  Stick to your guns Joe keep picking your boys.
                  Welcome back sir.

Comment

its as good a shout as any, but are we good enough to beat Toulon away? They would be fairly well rested after the 6n break and an injury to one of our Irish players could be a disaster.

if it's Leinster, then they will have a lot of confidence after beating Toulon away. Can we play the 6 nations as a 3 day sevens tournament and have the qf in 2 weeks?

and the English want to get rid of this?

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                      Welcome back sir.
                      It was emotional :):)
                      clowns

Comment

Originally posted by dubaicookie View Post
                        Can't help feeling our relatively small numbers in the Irish squad is really going to work to our advantage in the coming months.
                        injuries and fatigue are a factor but there are benefits to having your players playing (and being good enough) at international level over those who aren't when they face each other.
                        "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

I wonder will the quarter final tempt Old Dog out of West Cork for the day?
                          I was at least expecting a congratulatory text .... #sniffsniff ... I wouldn't like to be the next stray cat wandering by Chateau Larkin ! ;)

Comment

Any word on where S,T. are staying.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                              its as good a shout as any, but are we good enough to beat Toulon away? They would be fairly well rested after the 6n break and an injury to one of our Irish players could be a disaster.

if it's Leinster, then they will have a lot of confidence after beating Toulon away. Can we play the 6 nations as a 3 day sevens tournament and have the qf in 2 weeks?

and the English want to get rid of this?
                              Toulon will at least have to travel down the road to Marseilles and they do not travel well. They will be rested we will be battle hardened. We have the inner belief to go to the South of France and win.

Leinster are not the team they were a few seasons back and our pack are well capable of beating them up.

Toulouse are the ones that would worry me. They have pedigree and tradition in this competition and the knowledge, experience and belief that has been passed on from great players of the past who have been there and done it all. Very much like ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugged Rugger View Post
                                injuries and fatigue are a factor but there are benefits to having your players playing (and being good enough) at international level over those who aren't when they face each other.
                                Ya definitely a double edged sword but Coughlan , Killer and Zebo might have something to say about being "good enough". Purely with the red tinted glasses on ,the more Munster players at home the more we can work on this Penneyball and the less players will have to adapt when they come back.

Comment

Working...
                                X