Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats your Munster 15, all fit and available?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Whats your Munster 15, all fit and available?

    Penney getting much (deserved) praise for the job he has done, people glad his contract being extended, but a common theme seems to be that he couldnt do much better with the squad available to him...?
    Granted he is cursed with ijuries, but I do think we are way off with that one. All players fit, we have a decent 15 IMO
    Wondered what the consensus would be on a starting 15 for a big game, all players fit and available

    (Yes its silly, but its a bit of craic! If your throwing your eyes to heaven now like JCC is, just ignore it and move on to flabbergasting us all on another thread with your insightful and egotistical analysis of the breakdown V Connacht!!)

    Kilcoyne, Sherry, BJ, Ryan, POC, POM, TOD, CJ, Murray, JJ, Zebo, Keatley, LLL, Earls, Jones

    Decent bench also with the likes of Cronin, Casey, DOC, Beta, Holland, Coughlan, Conway, Hurley and Downey

    Obvious weakness at 12 and 15 and with LLL going at the end of the year, 13.
    Last edited by Jackdaniels; 7th-January-2014, 14:07.

    #2
    Claw
    Fla
    Hayes
    POC
    Galway
    Quinny
    Wally
    Foley
    Murray
    ROG
    Earls
    Mafi
    Tipoki
    Zebo
    Cullen
    But what can you do
    clowns

    Comment


      #3
      Cronin Sherry Botha,
      POC Ryan,
      POM TOD Coughlan,
      Murray JJ,
      Downey Laulala,
      Earls Zebo Murphy

      Comment


        #4
        Claw fla Bull.
        Doc POC
        Leams Wally Axel

        Murray Rog

        Earls Halstead Tipoki Dougie

        Champers.
        I am the million man.

        Comment


          #5
          Cronin, Varley, Archer, D.Ryan, POC, POM, TOD, Coughlan, Murray, JJ, Zebo, Downey, LLL, Earls, Jones

          You got the whole front row wrong but you improved after that (admittedly the call at 3 is difficult)
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

          Comment


            #6
            Cronin/Sherry/Botha

            POC/Ryan

            POM/TOD/Coughlan

            Murray/JJ

            Dineen/LLL

            Zebo/Earls

            Jones
            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

            "Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy


            "I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

            Comment


              #7
              i think if i was calling the shots, and god knows it's a good thing i'm not, i'd go for something like:

              cronin sherry archer
              ryan poc
              pom stander tod
              murray jj
              dineen casey
              zebo murphy earls

              but i'd have no issues with:

              kilcoyne in for cronin
              bj in for archer
              coughlan in for stander
              downey in for dineen
              keatley in for murphy

              that's not a bad place to be.

              Comment


                #8
                Youth is the future!

                Cronin Casey Botha
                POC Ryan
                POM TOD Coughlan
                Murray JJ
                VDH Dineen Earls Zebo Hurley
                Tis but a scratch.

                Comment


                  #9
                  The fact you have two complete front rows, three hookers, a choice of any one of three to partner POC, thats all good in front five which is enough to win most games. The back row isnt quite there yet, POM is definite starter but TOD needs to nail down his place, hopefully he can stay fit and CJ needs to up his game to take on Coughlan.

                  Halfbacks yet to inspire but think Murray, JJ will come good as a combo.

                  Backs are a shambles, we have strike runners in Earls & Zebo but our centres leave a lot to be desired and the backline organisation / structure looks wrong. One of Conway, VDH and Jones really needs to nail down that third back three slot, Jones is man in possession but just not convinced on current form
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

                  Comment


                    #10
                    15 Zebo
                    14 Earls
                    13 Laulala
                    12 Keatley
                    11 O'Dea
                    10 JJ
                    9 Murray
                    1 Killer
                    2 Sherry
                    3 BJ
                    4 Ryan
                    5 POC
                    6 POM
                    7 Dougall
                    8 TOD

                    16 Varley
                    17 Cronin
                    18 Archer
                    19 DOC
                    20 Coughlan
                    21 Sheridan
                    22 Downey
                    23 Murphy

                    But that's with everybody on top form and just for a one-off game as you could not afford to have your only two fly-halves starting on a regular basis... so incredibly not realistic.
                    Still I can see us fans not agreeing on a few positions, which is I believe a good sign of depth in the squad.
                    Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by tickettout
                      Jones is awful - lost his pace and is as harmless as Rob Kearney with ball in hand.
                      Thats harsh man, fierce harsh, anyway there is already three competing for that third slot in back three, four if you count Hurley
                      My computer thinks I'm gay
                      What's the difference anyway
                      When all the people do all day
                      Is stare into a phone

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by sewa View Post
                        The fact you have two complete front rows, three hookers, a choice of any one of three to partner POC, thats all good in front five which is enough to win most games. The back row isnt quite there yet, POM is definite starter but TOD needs to nail down his place, hopefully he can stay fit and CJ needs to up his game to take on Coughlan.

                        Halfbacks yet to inspire but think Murray, JJ will come good as a combo.

                        Backs are a shambles, we have strike runners in Earls & Zebo but our centres leave a lot to be desired and the backline organisation / structure looks wrong. One of Conway, VDH and Jones really needs to nail down that third back three slot, Jones is man in possession but just not convinced on current form
                        True. We've lots of interchangeability which has helped us weather injuries with far less desperation than a couple of years ago. On his recent form, I'd have both Hurley and Murphy ahead of Jones at 15. I'd be equally happy with Dougall or TOD at 7 but TOD probably shades it by a whisker.

                        Conway arrived under the guise of being a great steal from Shelbyville but he hasn't really justified the hype yet when I've seen him play. As with Laulala, he could well be one of the most individually gifted players we possess but I actually think that my centres & back three would be a more effective attacking unit than what we've generally seen to date. Couldn't be much fecking worse.
                        Tis but a scratch.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Surpised to see so many dispensing with Killer already. Cronin looks class but on form Kilcoyne was one of our star men with POM and TOD last year. He deserves the shirt

                          Cant have Archer over BJ, but its all about opinions, no problem lads.

                          Cant see any justification as yet for VDH in the team.
                          Went for Keats at 12 as dont think Downey offers anything substantial other than a bit of crash. He is from the Maggs school of centres. Keats is strong in the tackle, good with ball in hand and very intelligent. 12 could be the making of him. But if Dinneen keep's going the way he is, the jersey is his.

                          Most of ye pick Coughlan and I can see why but honestly I think CJ has been given a raw deal since he arrived and has much more potential than JC. A back row with himself, Tommy and POM has huge potential. We are blessed (as ever) in the back row

                          All in all, we are all agreed we are heavy with forwards, we have 2 classy half backs and 2 classy wingers.

                          So to say we dont have a strong squad, i cant agree atall.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by tickettout
                            Jones is awful - lost his pace and is as harmless as Rob Kearney with ball in hand.
                            Abusing our own players is a serious breach of the rules. Infraction in 3, 2, 1 ...
                            Tis but a scratch.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Jackdaniels View Post
                              Surpised to see so many dispensing with Killer already. Cronin looks class but on form Kilcoyne was one of our star men with POM and TOD last year. He deserves the shirt

                              Cant have Archer over BJ, but its all about opinions, no problem lads.

                              Cant see any justification as yet for VDH in the team.
                              Went for Keats at 12 as dont think Downey offers anything substantial other than a bit of crash. He is from the Maggs school of centres. Keats is strong in the tackle, good with ball in hand and very intelligent. 12 could be the making of him. But if Dinneen keep's going the way he is, the jersey is his.

                              Most of ye pick Coughlan and I can see why but honestly I think CJ has been given a raw deal since he arrived and has much more potential than JC. A back row with himself, Tommy and POM has huge potential. We are blessed (as ever) in the back row

                              All in all, we are all agreed we are heavy with forwards, we have 2 classy half backs and 2 classy wingers.

                              So to say we dont have a strong squad, i cant agree atall.
                              Dunno about dispensing with Killer - I picked Cronin alright but it was virtually a toss of a coin. Having said that, Cronin does seem to have a bit of evil about him, which is ... good.

                              (PS who was saying we don't have a strong squad?)
                              Tis but a scratch.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X