Players of the past..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Players of the past..

It's whatever time it is.. and I'm ashamed to say that I'm still a bit drunk. Great night, but it's left me a bit emotional.

I was looking on Youtube..I don't know why..but sure I came across this..

Which has set me back in to the mourning of David Wallace. They say it gets easier, but the pain still remains.

With it being a new year today..or tomorrow or whatever you think really..which player from the past do you miss the most.

For me, there is no question, David Wallace.

..Right now, with the new year upon us I'm thankful for many things, Munster on top of the table, finding my keys last night..spelling check on this site. etc.
    This I hope is the last post I make while drunk.. For the new year..I will become a pioneer and never again post while drunk..

David Wallace, forever you'll be in our hearts.
    Last edited by Stringer9; 1st-January-2014, 11:42. Reason: Blind drunkenness.
    The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Never post when drunk.

"Plater" for the love of God!!

Comment

Plaster of the past?
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	grater-plater.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	2478535
        There was no greater player
        Latine mottos non sunt omnes qui
        Do not try to bend the spoon — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
          It's whatever time it is.. and I'm ashamed to say that I'm still a bit drunk. Great night, but it's left me a bit emotional.

Which has set me back in to the mourning of David Wallace. They say it gets easier, but the pain still remains.

With it being a new year today..or tomorrow or whatever you think really..which player from the past do you miss the most.

..Right now, with the new year upon us I'm thankful for many things, Munster on top of the table, finding my keys last night..spelling check on this site. etc.
          This I hope is the last post I make while drunk.. For the new year..I will become a pioneer and never again post while drunk..

David Wallace is my all time favourite rugby player- and I'm a non- native so to speak.

Hard to put into words how good he was.

a gladiator on the world stage.

Plater or player the sentiment remains
          I always knew Madigan was a closet Scrum Half. Ignore All things that suggest Continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by The Outlaw View Post
            David Wallace is my all time favourite rugby player- and I'm a non- native so to speak.

Hard to put into words how good he was.

a gladiator on the world stage.

Plater or player the sentiment remains
            mine too.

Comment

..I think I'm dying..
              There are so many things (of what I remember) from the last two (or so) days I can't take back or the change..the title however..
              Last edited by Stringer9; 1st-January-2014, 11:44.

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

Comment

I named my son after him. (And maybe David Bowie)

Comment

Wally was some player alright and a decent chap to booth and the ladies loved him wait a minute.
                  Actually i hate him.
                  GWAN WALLY.
                  clowns

Comment

clowns

Comment

This one, the bonus point winning try against Sale at the very death. Unstoppable force.

Comment

Originally posted by isola ciarrai View Post

This one, the bonus point winning try against Sale at the very death. Unstoppable force.
                        There's no force unstoppable in Rugby. Take it low and take it down.
                        Wally was the business indeed and benefitted greatly from being surrounded by the likes of MG POC JL DOC MOD AQ EH AF DL JW PS TOL ROG etc
                        It's a team game,
                        Gwan JJ.
                        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

In all seriousness though..and soberness..He was such a fast player as well, which was lethal combined with his power.

An exceptional player.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post

back in the bad old days of Munster dominance over Leinster he would have been the player I'd have taken for Leinster off Munster

Comment

Originally posted by Aussiedub View Post
                              back in the bad old days of Munster dominance over Leinster he would have been the player I'd have taken for Leinster off Munster
                              I'd have had Quinlan instead of him but it would be a close thing.
                              "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Working...
                              X