Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is the start of something beautiful...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is the start of something beautiful...

I'm feeling confident. All the supposed poor rugby and 'side to side Pennyball' is going to turn into something beautiful for the rest of the season. Here's why;

- Last season. We were a mixed bag until the knockout stages of the Heineken Cup. THen we turned it up a fair few notches at Harlequins and at Clermont.
    - Once the weather fines up all the low percentage rugby we've been playing will start to stick. One of the greatest criticisms is that our handling and skills aren't up to it. But we've kept trying in all conditions. Once the weather improves, someone is going to feel the wrath.
    - Canterbury. Penney is steeped in Canterbury history. Whether it's for Canterbury or the Crusaders in the Super 15, they usually start slowly and look off the pace. However come the business end of the season they come home like a steam train. I suspect based on last season that Penney has us primed to be buzzing in March/April onwards.
    - Young players. They are all getting plenty of game time. For all the greatness of our teams from 2000-2009, you always knew that there was very little of true substance beyond the first 15 and for a long time very few young players seemed to be breaking through. A vintage season for youth was Hurley and Murphy in 06. Two players! Over the past 2-4 seasons we've had a production line of talent.

We're going to see some fireworks from now til the end of the season.

Dowling came through in 2006 too. But I agree with the main point and hope we're correct. We were rubbish up to Christmas in 2005. Then in January 2006 scored 7 tries away to Castres and battered a high flying Sale at home. The rest is history. ..
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin77 View Post
      I'm feeling confident. All the supposed poor rugby and 'side to side Pennyball' is going to turn into something beautiful for the rest of the season. Here's why;

- Last season. We were a mixed bag until the knockout stages of the Heineken Cup. THen we turned it up a fair few notches at Harlequins and at Clermont.
      - Once the weather fines up all the low percentage rugby we've been playing will start to stick. One of the greatest criticisms is that our handling and skills aren't up to it. But we've kept trying in all conditions. Once the weather improves, someone is going to feel the wrath.
      - Canterbury. Penney is steeped in Canterbury history. Whether it's for Canterbury or the Crusaders in the Super 15, they usually start slowly and look off the pace. However come the business end of the season they come home like a steam train. I suspect based on last season that Penney has us primed to be buzzing in March/April onwards.
      - Young players. They are all getting plenty of game time. For all the greatness of our teams from 2000-2009, you always knew that there was very little of true substance beyond the first 15 and for a long time very few young players seemed to be breaking through. A vintage season for youth was Hurley and Murphy in 06. Two players! Over the past 2-4 seasons we've had a production line of talent.

If it's good enough for Gandalf and the pp, it's good enough for me.
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Bar man, pour me one of those! seriously though I'm with you on this one.
        Tic-Toc. POC and DOC. Stop the clock.

Comment

It's just like the Karate Kid, all the Wax On and Wax Off will suddenly make sense

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	something.png
Views:	1
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	2478534
            Latine mottos non sunt omnes qui
            Do not try to bend the spoon — that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth: there is no spoon.

Comment

Comment

Shhh say nathing, mocker gods can be cruel, the walls have ears
                My computer thinks I'm gay
                What's the difference anyway
                When all the people do all day
                Is stare into a phone

Comment

Sheridan is suddenly a key man with no back up. . Him and jj finding something special is what I'm most hopeful for.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin77 View Post

c
                    CM said it was one of the reasons he stayed because something special was happen with Munster
                    its looking very good with all these young lads coming thru
                    employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings,so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for. "socrates"
                    beware the barrenness of a busy life, "socrates "
                    who are you to judge the life i live? I know i'm not perfect-and i don't live to be-but before you start pointing fingers...make sure you hands are clean." BOB MARLEY
                    we are what we repeatedly do.excellance,then,is not an act,but a habit ''aristotle''

Comment

I love the positivity & I agree with the overall opinion that Munster are on the right path & are likely to play better later on in the season
                      , but, but, But.... I would really like to see our backs play way better than currently , the 10s , in particular, play way, way better,
                      and finally our loosies to run & handle the ball in space more often & to greater effect, a la TOD in last HC cameo performance.... James Coughlan can you lift your attacking game to this level again????

now if all that were to happen then anything can happen and dreams can come true,,, but right now IMHO Munster are looking like hec semi final grade stuff.... Not bad but (way) :-) more to do...

Bring it on!! Yes we can!!!
                      Last edited by Daithi; 1st-January-2014, 23:54.

alas they are just north munster now.......

Comment

Nice first post of the new year for me to read. Let's hope you're right.

Roger Roger. What's our vector, Victor?
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        RIP Anthony Foley - The greatest of great Munster men.
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Average View Post
                          Nice first post of the new year for me to read. Let's hope you're right.
                          It is Indeed a nice way to wish us a happy new year and with the risk of hijacking this thread I'd like to take this opportunity to wish a happy new year to all .

Munster hasn't looked this good in a while and 2014 is full of promises, a 3rd european crown that matches the crest on our shirt would be nice.

Comment

Without getting too carried away and taking into account the mixed display from Edinburgh today, this a performance that demonstrates some of what I was talking about in my initial post. Obviously bigger tests to come, but what Penney has been trying to implement bore some fruit today.

Cautiously optimistic

Comment

And with the news out of Wales, hopefully, about central contracts this could be a profoundly important weekend for our great game.

Comment

Working...
                              X