Time to move on, time to rebuild.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time to move on, time to rebuild.

In the cold light of day, im still disappointed but im not going to wallow in self pity for long. It¡¦s a strange feelingi am sad they lost, im disappointed the journey is over,but I think the fact we were well beaten is why im not totally gutted. Some tough calls will now have to be made and as said by many in here I feel this team needs to say goodbye to some Munster greats and some world greats and rebuild. This is Munster we are a passionate and a proud province with very good home grown players. The players who will be staying and hopefully the management will learn from this. I do think Munster success is certainly a factor in its down fall and the lack of preparation for this game with so many away on International duty is certainly a factor; however the same can be said for Llanelli.

There certainly needs to be a overhaul of the backs for next season. This appears to be already well underway.

The pack however is still fairly young & we just need to see more
    rotation with the likes of JOS, Ryan, Hurley, McCann, Buckley playing
    with an alongside the Irl intls & not always playing for the ML
    (2nd string) side before being dumped out for the HEC,bigger ML games .
    It's easier said then done & requires good man management. DK gets
    the INTL players back after weeks away & the temptation is there to
    throw them all in together. Maybe it's better mix & match more. I
    think that's the lesson re the pack, unfortunatly the same cannot be
    said of the outside backs, & a few of them may be playing their
    last season.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Mcork
      unfortunatly the same cannot be
      said of the outside backs, & a few of them may be playing their
      last season.
      lets hope so
      If the lessons of history teach us anything it is that nobody learns the lessons that history teaches us.

Comment

Mcork, I agree with you about our forwards, rotation is the key it¡¦s always been an area where Munster is strong. In the backs however, its not so rosey.I'd like to see Carney replace Kelly and/or A.horgan, they have been great for the Munster but its time to try some new players. I hope we can persuade Halsted to stay, as for the full back position¡K¡K¡K¡K¡K¡K¡K¡K we need a new player.

Comment

cant warwick play fullback?

Comment

Basicly our back line needs some serious work and additions. I suspect we will be saying goodbye to Payne,Cullen, horgan, Kelly and sadly Halstend.

Comment

i realy do wish trev and payne would stay on they are really the back bone of our back line. If only for just one more year then we could use them as a emplate to rebuild.
              ANY MANS FINEST HOUR, HIS GREATEST FULFILMENT OF ALL HE HOLDS DEAR, IS THE MOMENT WHEN HE HAS WORKED HIS HEART OUT IN A GOOD CAUSE AND LIES EXHAUSTED ON THE FIELD OF BATTLE – VICTORIOUS.

Comment

Originally posted by Drahcir
                cant warwick play fullback?

Possibly, but we need a top quality FB, not one to just fill in

Comment

Looking at Lewis today he is not an improvement on Mafi/Murphy. We need players at 15 and 11 (think Warwick could be a class 12) We should expect top class players in these positions not stop gaps or second rate players from Leinster(Kearney or Fitzgerald excepted). Eoin Reddan also showed today that he should be brought back when his contract is up.

Comment

Originally posted by toomey
                    Looking at Lewis today he is not an improvement on Mafi/Murphy. We need players at 15 and 11 (think Warwick could be a class 12) We should expect top class players in these positions not stop gaps or second rate players from Leinster(Kearney or Fitzgerald excepted). Eoin Reddan also showed today that he should be brought back when his contract is up.

Warwick will definitely be an interesting versatile player. As far as Lewis is concerned the jury is out imho. I would love to see Eoin Reddan brought back (if he wishes). He would definately be a contender for Stringer, and displace O'Leary from SH.
                    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

The positive thing about this defeat is that Llanelli showed up Munsters weaknesses. A clearout is needed but I doubt it'll happenas DK is just after givenFreddy Puc another 2 year contract.

Comment

Freddy aint too bad though imho. But saying that I do agree that we need to evaluate who stays on the books.
                        "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too ?" - Douglas Adams

Comment

why would reddan come back to sit on the bench? what planet are you on?

Let's weigh upthe decision here- why would he leave possibly the best side in england- nearly always in the HEC to play in the magners' league?- bit of ano brainer if you ask me.

Comment

Lads lads, get a grip. Why would Reddan come back to be second to Stringer? In fact, he may well be ahead right now. If the IRFU want him back at all it should be at Leinster.
                            Hello friends in Brussels. Baldy here

Comment

Working...
                            X