Munster vs Connacht 27th Dec. team named #52

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster vs Connacht 27th Dec. team named #52

Need to keep momentum going. This could be a 5 pointer but seeing our backs have little or no penetration it seems unlikely.

Cronin Casey Archer
    DOC Foley (would like to see nagle play against ulster to see how he does)
    POM TOD Stander
    Williams JJ
    GVDH Dineen Earls Conway (give LLL a rest)
    O Mahony

Killer Varley Ryan Nagle Coughlan Sheridan Keatley Murphy

Originally posted by Tipplad View Post
    Need to keep momentum going. This could be a 5 pointer but seeing our backs have little or no penetration it seems unlikely.

Cronin Casey Archer
    POM TOD Stander
    Williams JJ
    O Mahony

Given the way Connacht played in Toulouse (discounting the return fixture due to the illness that hit their squad) and our recent form, plus the fact that they always raise their game for interpros, it's equally possible that we could get our asses handed to us!
    Tis but a scratch.

Comment

I would like to see the full Heineken cup team out for this and Ulster to get fully up to speed for Gloucester and an increasingly resurgent Edinburgh. Win the next four games and we will go into the six nations hiatus very well placed for the business end of the season that comes in the spring.

Comment

If we play like we did last night I have no doubt Connacht will hammer us.

They are playing some smashing rugby at the moment and only missing that last little bit to have more and more wins.

Comment

It must be infuriating for the pack to see how little is done with so, so much ball.
          Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Why is everything starting so fecking deep?

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
              Why is everything starting so fecking deep?
              We're in the fecking depths of winter.
              Don't worry man, things are just starting to lighten up.
              Happy Christmas even!
              Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tipplad View Post

Cronin Casey Archer
                POM TOD Stander
                Williams JJ
                O Mahony

Please do not even consider Earls back in the centre-Proven winger

Comment

Originally posted by oilean View Post
                  Please do not even consider Earls back in the centre-Proven winger
                  Nonsense, he will be our starting 13 next season. There's going to be a good few changes for this one, few guys shipped a few knocks.

1. Cronin - Killer put in a big 80 mins last night
                  2. Varley - Hopefully Casey hasn't done damage to any bones in his face
                  3. Archer - BJ looked bad going off
                  4. DOC - Need to see some leadership in the second row
                  5. Foley - Nagle was okay last night, lets see if Foley can do one better]
                  6. POM - DOC2 shipped a big bang to the head so I expect him to be out
                  7. BOM - I'd like to see what he can do from the start and it looked like TOD picked up a bang too
                  8. Coughlan - CJ showed us last night why he hasn't started in the big games
                  9. Williams - Sheridan didn't have his best game last night
                  10. JJ - Let Keatley rest up his knocks and give JJ more needed gametime
                  11. ROM - Deserves a start, looks like an impressive player
                  12. Dineen - Not his best last night but he should get a shot to redeem himself
                  13. Laulala - I'd like to start Bohane but its a bit of a raw centre partnership with him and Dineen
                  14. Conway - Toss up between him and GVDH really
                  15. Hurley - Solid enough last night

16. Casey/Scannell - Fitness pending, very impressed by Scannell last night.
                  17. Kilcoyne - Rotation
                  18. John Ryan - Cant see BJ being fit
                  19. B Holland
                  20. CJ
                  21. Sheridan
                  22. J Holland
                  23. Bohane

Comment

I'd go with Earls at 13 as LLL needs rotation and some pressure.

Otherwise than that, pretty good arguments.

Comment

I presume Earlsey is still out with concussion, no?

It would be nice to see D.Ryan starting and Zebo on the bench. I'd say Keats might miss this one aswell with the dead leg. It would be nice to see the game wrapped up early for once, so we could unload the bench. I hope the likes of Johnny Holland and Ronan O'Mahony make an appearance too

Comment

I'd give POM and POC another week off. They'll be playing many games of high intensity from now until the end of the season.

If Casey is fit I'd give him another start or if not start Scannell.

Props would be Cronin with Cotter as a sub and Archer with John Ryan as a sub.

Hanrahan should start again to build up the time he has on the pitch. This type of weather makes it harder for 10s especially and that should help his development.

I'd give Lualala a break, keep Dineen and possibly bring in Bohane. Keep Denis Hurley, Van Den Heefer and Conway as the back 3.

It seems like the second row will be anyones guess. I'm guessing DOC and Foley. Keep the same backrow if DOCII is fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Knights of Thomond View Post
                          I presume Earlsey is still out with concussion, no?

It would be nice to see D.Ryan starting and Zebo on the bench. I'd say Keats might miss this one aswell with the dead leg. It would be nice to see the game wrapped up early for once, so we could unload the bench. I hope the likes of Johnny Holland and Ronan O'Mahony make an appearance too
                          Depends on how he's moving through the steps of the GRTP.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                            I'd go with Earls at 13 as LLL needs rotation and some pressure.

Otherwise than that, pretty good arguments.
                            100% agreed he needs some pressure but realistically he will start 13 for the remainder of the cup games and Earls will be on the wing. I'd love to see Earlsy in there with a properly used 12, be it Downey, Dineen or A.N Other.

Comment

Munster need to give Connacht the respect that we failed to give Edinburgh in our Heineken cup. While Connacht have under performed in the Rabo they've shown in their game against Toulouse they can target and up their game to manage a big win away from home. This is one game that Connacht can target and it would be a big scalp for them.

I'll be happy to leave Thomond Park with a win.

Comment

Working...
                              X