Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andrew Hore linked with short-term Munster move

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/rug...ns-hooker.html

Munster are believed to have contacted New Zealand’s World Cup-winning hooker Andrew Hore with a view to signing a short-term deal with the province.
    Sportsmail understands that injury to Mike Sherry and Munster’s wayward lineout in recent Heineken Cup games has prompted the desire to provide cover at hooker and Hore, who retired from Test rugby following New Zealand’s win over Ireland last month, is seen as the ideal quick-fix solution.
    Leinster struck a similar deal with the hooker’s World Cup colleague Brad Thorn on their way to the 2012 Heineken Cup title and it is believed Hore, 35, was on their radar also after injury to Richardt Strauss but they decided not to pursue the move.

Seas suas agus troid!

Just heard it on the radio on the way to work. Speculation?
    Con Artist

Comment

Can he play centre?

Comment

IF it's not speculation, and IF it comes to pass, it'll be a hefty psychological kick in the nads for Varls.

Comment

Originally posted by Kavy View Post
          IF it's not speculation, and IF it comes to pass, it'll be a hefty psychological kick in the nads for Varls.
          I don't see it that way. With Sherry out long term you'd have to be fearful of another injury (to Varley). Maybe the injury happens a few days before a match, in training. Then what?

So you need quality & experience, but on a short term basis. That leaves a limited pool to fish in.

Comment

The Seal Clubber is a right tough unit. Cant see it happening though and to be honest I am happy with the two we have. Give Casey a chance over next few games and let him nail down the bench slot
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Andrew Hore linked with short-term Munster move

I would prefer to see us trust our squad but, with injuries ruling Strauss and Sherry out for the season and Best with a broken wrist, Varley must be fairly close to a six nations call up. Hore covering for this period would make a lot of sense.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                The Seal Clubber is a right tough unit. Cant see it happening though and to be honest I am happy with the two we have. Give Casey a chance over next few games and let him nail down the bench slot
                We need 3 hookers who can do a job. Whether we go big and flashy (like Hore) or get someone else on loan from another province or league.

Comment

Could be a great signing, even if short-term

At Leinster, Thorn brought some of the "no dickheads" approach from the AB locker room, his "less talk, more pushing" attitude seemed to fit in well and left an impact disproportionate to his short contract.
                  Hore, if he was in the right frame of mind, as a dedicated trainer and experienced player willing to work with a front row unit that's improving week on week could be a huge boost to us.

Comment

we wont win a HC with DV throwing into the line out
                    Just not good enough. If we are to win anything our set piece is crucial in everything we do. Varley is a 50% thrower in some games, shockingly bad. He is not good enough. Sherry is outstanding in this regard and is a massive loss for us.

Comment

All our hookers are quite in experienced, someone like Hore for a few months could teach them a thing or 2 about the craft.
                      Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
                      Aint nothin I would rather do,
                      Goin down, party time,
                      My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

Will come.

Comment

Being reported in the Land of the Long White Cloud too, could be something to it.
                          http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...ore-UK-reports

Admittedly they're reporting on reports up here, but no smoke without fire.

Comment

I think it would be an awful waste of resources considering our financial situation.

We would want to win the HC this season if we signed him to justify the short-term outlay.

Comment

Originally posted by tafnat View Post
                              I think it would be an awful waste of resources considering our financial situation.

We would want to win the HC this season if we signed him to justify the short-term outlay.
                              wrong we'd just need to get a home QF. That's where the payday is.
                              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Working...
                              X