Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster V Llanelli Scarlets Musgrave Park 21/12/13 19:15 Team # 53

Right.

Time for some squad rotation . . .but we need a result all the same.

Who do folks want to see start?

Casey at 2,
    Archer at 3
    Nagle/ Foley with D Ryan in Second Row
    TOD at 7
    Stander at 8
    Williams at 9
    JJ at 10
    Dineen at 12
    Last edited by Corcíoch; 15th-December-2013, 09:19.

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
    Right.

JJ at ten, Dineen at 12 - both with a clear message that the Glaws start is up for grabs.
    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
      JJ at ten, Dineen at 12 - both with a clear message that the Glaws start is up for grabs.
      Absolutely.

Dineen has to be worthy of a shot at this stage.

Its not like we are using Downey for anything. We're not using him at all.

Comment

Absolutely.

Dineen has to be worthy of a shot at this stage.

Its not like we are using Downey for anything. We're not using him at all.
        He's taken on the role of the fat lad who gets stuck at 12 for the Threes. Expected to tackle, and do nothing in attack but shout convincingly while the miss ball goes past him.
        "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Its very important that we do well here as I for once will actually be at the game
          My computer thinks I'm gay
          What's the difference anyway
          When all the people do all day
          Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
            This. We need to keep our run going, keep building points, keep up competition while winning.
            Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

SCARLETS (H)

SAT 21ST DEC 13

KO 19:15

Tickets still available.

Comment

Right.

Casey at 2,
                Archer at 3
                Nagle/ Foley with D Ryan in Second Row
                TOD at 7
                Stander at 8
                Williams at 9
                JJ at 10
                Dineen at 12
                I'd agree with pretty much all of those. Casey needs the exposure, simple as. Archer can be rotated back in so as to keep getting the match practice which seems to be key to his continuing improvement (although I'd have John Ryan on the bench and give him a good 25-30 minutes). Both the TOD and the Terminator need more match time, plus no harm to mind both POC and DOC a little - despite the niggly question mark about physicality I think I'd opt for Foley to start. CJ should definitely start - not for the "optics", but to rotate him back in and help to balance any loss of physicality we might have from Foley.

Williams ... the guy has been having a better season than last, for sure, but some of the same old weaknesses still remain if PP's account of the Plymouth game are anything to go by. Pity, but there you go. I'd be more inclined to give Sheridan another start - yes, some of his passing yesterday was also inaccurate or occasionally panicky, but I'd mark that down to youth & comparative inexperience more than anything else. No harm to consolidate the exposure he's getting with Murray on a short-ish term injury.

Agree on JJ, not just for the sake of rotation but I think he should be given the chance to put his hand up for the starting jersey before the season is out. And absolutely agree on Dineen at 12 - the question is what happens at 13. Casey followed up his fine performance at home to Perp with a pretty headless one away, and I still see Earls as a better option there. Any word on his injury?
                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Earls was concussed. He cannot be cleared to play before Friday. He should not play.

However, JesusJesus fighting for the true faith against the Turks?

Deus vult!
                  Ceterum censeo INM irrumandum esse.

Comment

Originally posted by Thomond78 View Post
                    Earls was concussed. He cannot be cleared to play before Friday. He should not play.

However, JesusJesus fighting for the true faith against the Turks?

Deus vult!
                    Earls looked like a nasty knock.

Comment

zebo on bench for this one

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
                        zebo on bench for this one
                        Is he fit again?
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Has to be some rotation here; a home Pro12 match against mediocre oppostion has to be the time to get some inexperienced players involved, but at the same time the fact that they're mediocre means it's a match where we need to win - with the 6N window being the time for the likes of Foley, DOCII and Sheridan to get an extended shot in the team.

I'd go with a blended side. POC needs a rest, so does Laulala, so does BJ, Dougall could probably do with a rest as well. Something along the lines of

Cronin
                          Varley
                          Archer
                          Nagle
                          Ryan
                          Stander
                          TOD
                          Coughlan
                          Sheridan
                          JJ
                          Downey
                          Dineen
                          ROM
                          Conway
                          Hurley

Or possibly JJ at 12 and Dineen 13.

Comment

Duncan Casey starts hopefully, it's his time now to build towards the end of the season.
                            I am the million man.

Comment

has to be a place for ROM.
                              There is one way to find out if a man is honest; ask him! If he says yes you know he\'s crooked.
                              Groucho Marx

Comment

Working...
                              X