X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to our new player Robin Copeland

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/r...peland-6386236

Cardiff Blues star Robin Copeland agrees Munster move

9 Dec 2013 11:50 Irish forward will return home at the end of the season after a two-year stay at Cardiff Arms Park

Cardiff Blues star Robin Copeland is to leave the Arms Park to join Munster at the end of this season.
    The Irish No 8 has proved a major success since arriving at the region from Rotherham in the summer of 2012.
    He has become a firm fans’ favourite over the last 18 months with his athleticism, pace and wholehearted attitude.
    The 26-year-old from Wexford was named Man of the Match after the Blues’ famous Heineken Cup victory over European champions Toulon in October.

Robin Copeland to Munster

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/r...peland-6386236

Copeland to move to Munster from Cardiff at the end of the season according to here!

Comment

Gnarly fecker,I like this chap

Comment

Great news, fantastic to have Irish players heading home to play. Might make Heaslip think again as well.

Comment

Havent we already enough backrows as it is? Are we now grabbing lads for the sake of it?
          "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Great news. From our traditional support base too
            My computer thinks I'm gay
            What's the difference anyway
            When all the people do all day
            Is stare into a phone

Comment

Copeland has seemed like a good player any time I've seen him, and I reckon he'd be an asset to any team. But I must admit I'm a little puzzled by the move, as we've almost been struggling to give game time to all the backrows we have. At the minute we have Butler, Coughlan and Stander as contenders for the 8 jersey, with O'Mahoney doing the occasional stint there as well. Does this mean that either Coughlan or Stander might be leaving us at the end of the season? I know Stander's contract will be up for renewal, but can't remember what Coughlan's status is. I'd be sorry to see either of them go.

Nevertheless, welcome aboard Robin!
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Can he play 13?
                The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man - George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                  Copeland has seemed like a good player any time I've seen him, and I reckon he'd be an asset to any team. But I must admit I'm a little puzzled by the move, as we've almost been struggling to give game time to all the backrows we have. At the minute we have Butler, Coughlan and Stander as contenders for the 8 jersey, with O'Mahoney doing the occasional stint there as well. Does this mean that either Coughlan or Stander might be leaving us at the end of the season? I know Stander's contract will be up for renewal, but can't remember what Coughlan's status is. I'd be sorry to see either of them go.

Nevertheless, welcome aboard Robin!
                  As much as I hate to say it, it wouldn't surprise me to see JC's contract not being renewed at the end of the season.

Comment

Looks like Stander out to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Muckier Boots View Post
                      As much as I hate to say it, it wouldn't surprise me to see JC's contract not being renewed at the end of the season.

Coughlan has another season on his contract. Munster also want CJ to stay.

Comment

Originally posted by cian8 View Post
                        Looks like Stander out to me.
                        to me too, but i really hope not.

Comment

Butler packing his bags? could be a great move for him to head out west! wouldd be a regular starter for them!

Comment

Really hope CJ stays, has looked good anytime he's been given the chance which has been rare enough tbh.

Comment

That's surely Stander leaving. Why would he stay. 2 years and he hasn't been able to achieve a place in the starting squad.

Coughlan is 33. He has another season left but he'll be gone after that.

Sets us up for:

6 - Peter O'Mahony, David O'Callaghan
                              7 - Tommy O'Donnell, Sean Dougall
                              8 - Robin Copeland, Paddy Butler

And then the likes of Niall Ronan and Shane Buckley can backup too.

Even if Stander isn't leaving its no harm to have him in there. We've been forced to play Donnacha Ryan at 6 far too often due to no backup. Backrow is an attritional positional with lots of niggle.

Comment

Working...
                              X