Perpignan v Munster Saturday 14th 15:40 team # 264

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perpignan v Munster Saturday 14th 15:40 team # 264

Half time ,5-0 Munster. Lots of injuries ,into the lions den,got to win this one etc.

Keep it tight. Picking and driving.
    I am the million man.

Comment

I have a bit of a hectic weekend and I'm not sure where I'll be come 3.30 pm next weekend. Will there be a gang of the MRSC in Break for the Border to watch it?
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

I know we can be a critical bunch at times but IMO we have to honestly recognise that we should have tagged on another 2 or 3 tries yesterday if we had maintained concentration throughout the game, had a better line-out return and had supported some of our runners who had made short, but vital, line-breaks. That is a great basis to look forward to next weekend - so much to improve on but plenty to be positive about too.

I think everyone (most HC teams) will be much more grounded about where we, as a team, stand in the aftermath of the stellar performance from the Damsels of D4 - but I was so encouraged about A) our strengthening squad of 23 players that now enables us to alter our playing style and game-tactics at key junctures of the game (55 to 60 min mark) and B) the strength of the pack, plain and simple.

Certainly realistic that next Saturday will be very tough, USAP will be favourites, but we don't travel with that sense of foreboding we used to have previously - it's all part of the growing, learning process.

H'on Munster!

Comment

Connacht are the benchmark now.

Comment

Frankie said we were right not to tack on a few more tries..... so as to not rub USAP's nose in it, ahead of next week.

Good hooker, nice fella....... crap commentators/pundit.

Comment

Would like to see Botha and Stander brought straight into the starting XV, with Dave Foley replacing Billy Holland on the bench. There's plenty of room for improvement over yesterday's performance, and it has to start at the lineout, where Varley badly needs to sort himself out over the week. If he doesn't, the loss of Sherry will look worse and worse. Once that's sorted, it'll be easier to build pressure and hopefully a few more of the passes will stick, at which point we should be able to put a few scores on a fairly average Perpignan outfit.

Comment

I think BJB will probably start in Perpignan but not because Archer had a poor game because he blatantly didn't. We are fortunate to have four props who have shown they are capable of playing destructively at Heineken cup level.

And Billy Hollands versatility makes him an excellent number 19. Dave Foley needs a but more bulk to be taking on monstrous French packs.

As for Stander starting, in place of whom? Coughlan carried very well yesterday and is much more solid defensively than Stander. CJ is a great player to bring off the bench against big lumbering teams who tend to tire in the final quarter.

Comment

Agree,

People also need to put out of their heads yesterdays showing from Perpignan. We will see an utterly different side take to the park next weekend. We may even see some different players too.

It will be a huge ask to win twice in a row at Stade Aime Giral. We can do it of course but it will be very very tough.

Comment

Originally posted by hellovating View Post
                    Frankie said we were right not to tack on a few more tries..... so as to not rub USAP's nose in it, ahead of next week.

Good hooker, nice fella....... crap commentators/pundit.
                    I thought he was absolutely correct. Why rub their noses in it?
                    My computer thinks I'm gay
                    What's the difference anyway
                    When all the people do all day
                    Is stare into a phone

Comment

Might Perpignan not look on their involvement in the Heineken cup as being over for the season? With all their injury issues and perilously close to the T14 drop zone, they might decide to play the kids.

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                        I thought he was absolutely correct. Why rub their noses in it?
                        run their noses in it? damaged pride isn't a differentiating factor when teams are tied on group points at the end of january. each team's try count is though.

oh, and frankie's comment came less than 30 seconds after he criticised munster for not getting the scores their dominance deserved this season.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          Might Perpignan not look on their involvement in the Heineken cup as being over for the season? With all their injury issues and perilously close to the T14 drop zone, they might decide to play the kids.
                          For away games perhaps . . .but home games is another matter entirely. Its in the psyche over there . . . .not to loose at home. . . no matter what.

Expect a big increase in performance and scrum too at home next week regardless of their prospects.

Comment

seriously doubt it. if they lose, they'll stop caring. but they'll be going for the win next week. it'll be their strongest selection.

Comment

I think BJB will probably start in Perpignan but not because Archer had a poor game because he blatantly didn't. We are fortunate to have four props who have shown they are capable of playing destructively at Heineken cup level.
                              never thought i'd say this.... but with killer/cronin and bj/archer, I'm happy with any combination. i probably would just about start bj, but i couldn't complain if they went with the same again.

Comment

Working...
                              X