Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In hindsite, why the hell did we let mafi go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In hindsite, why the hell did we let mafi go?

His hairstyle did not fit in at Munster. Dougie agreed to a haircut,Mafi could not agree to these terms and left.

It was very controversial at the time ,given that his hair had acquired residency.

Comment

Never made the all blacks but a newzealander all the way no doubt. played at a hundred miles an hour in every game

Comment

yes the hairstyle may have had a crucial influence on his release.....

Comment

Dougiewig =/= Mafro.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Wasnt it Mafi that wanted to go after being constantly snubbed by the national set-up. His face didnt seem to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
              Wasnt it Mafi that wanted to go after being constantly snubbed by the national set-up. His face didnt seem to fit.
              I think it was the same with Warwick?
              "Everything good about Ireland can be found in County Cork"....Lonely Planet Guide 2012

Comment

Excellent natural winger, too greedy for a second centre.

Comment

Worst youtube compilation ever
                  My computer thinks I'm gay
                  What's the difference anyway
                  When all the people do all day
                  Is stare into a phone

Comment

Originally posted by sewa View Post
                    Worst youtube compilation ever
                    True, looking at that it'd be fun for league stuff but it's a compilation of forearms and tackles he'd be carded for every time these days. You let him go because he was easy to defend against and ate up space for everyone outside of him. He had great physical attributes (mafro included) but at the time (and still now to an extent) you'd no idea what to do with him - he played at a time when munster attack coach thought it was a genius idea to play one of the worlds best 12's at 13 outside of a non passing 12. He'd have been a cracker on the wing where he could step back inside or had the solidity to ride a tackle.
                    The system is dead! Long live the process!

Comment

Because he was a little bit mad Ted
                      Con Artist

Comment

call him up joe

Comment

Originally posted by Valencia View Post
                          Because he was a little bit mad Ted
                          Yip he was Mauri mad in the head, and at Munster we only want forwards mad in the head. The backs must fart silently, speak in posh tones, wear cravats, sip fine wine and watch from afar as the Munster pack devour the opposition alive with salt
                          Dont need reason, dont need rhyme,
                          Aint nothin I would rather do,
                          Goin down, party time,
                          My friends are gonna be there too

I'm on a Highway to Hell ...

Comment

Anyway, he deserves his chance to prove himself and play for france.

Comment

Best passer in the backline by a mile. He just didn't have a clue when to do it. Absolutely loved watching him. Fantastic attitude, some memorable hits through the years, and never less than 100% committed to the cause. Himself and Laulala, if it had been possible, would have been an exciting combination.

Never thought he looked at home on the wing the few times he played there, definitely didn't seem like a natural winger. There seemed to be a school of thought along the lines of "he's fast but he can't pass, sure stick him on the wing". His distribution was definitely better than given credit for. I think he was named in the Top 14 team of the year last year (or possibly shortlisted) but it shows how good a player he is.

Comment

Working...
                              X