bad for munster good for ireland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bad for munster good for ireland

the forwards looked out on their feet last night. they where knackered. the 6 nations caught up with them.

munster going outwill be good for ireland and should be good for munsters fringe players. the senior guys should be reseted or played in the odd game and give the fringe and younger players a chance. this will hopefully give the irsih pack a chance to rest up before the world cup and what will be a very long season next season.

Jeebus.....a Post since the match that isn't slagging anyone and actually makes sense.

Well said too [img]smileys/smile.gif[/img] [img]smileys/thumb-up.gif[/img]

Comment

Bring on the Ravenhill ravishers - no tiredness there!

<!-
      var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
      var SymReal;

Sym()
      {
      window.open = SymWinOpen;
      if(SymReal != null)
      SymReal();
      }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
      {
      if(SymReal&#079;nLoad != null)
      SymReal&#079;nLoad();
      window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
      SymReal = window.;
      window. = Sym;
      }

SymReal&#079;nLoad = window.&#111;nload;
      window.&#111;nload = Sym&#079;nLoad;

//->

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Admirable positivity but it's not good forour world cup hopes that we went out last night. It is now March - we won't get decent high intensity, high pressure games until we play France in the world cup in september.If we stayed in and won it there still would have been plenty time for players to freshen up for the world cup. Also D ryan, Carney, Hurley gonna find it hard tomake an impression on EOS by playing a coupleof magners league games.Agree our pack looked jaded though. Easterby and Popham didn't though...

Comment

Ireland is an indulgence</font><br style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif;">@@@@SPAN style="font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-weight: bold;">MUNSTER FOREVER@@@@/SPAN></font>

If The Flintstones has taught us anything, it\'s that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

Comment

But what if EOS decides to take all the Munster lads on the tour of Argentina now that they wont be engaged in other activities?[img]smileys/shock.gif[/img]
            Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again (like picking Gordon D'Arcy) and expecting different results.
            Albert Einstein

Comment

Don`t agree our forwards wrer outplayed by a team who were hungrier and played with intensity-The Bull Hayes was going as strong as anyone 78 mins in

Comment

<!-
                var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                var SymReal;

Sym()
                {
                if(SymReal != null)
                SymReal();
                }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                {
                SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                SymReal = window.;
                window. = Sym;
                }

//->

We we're really victims of our own success becaues a very tired dijointed side took tothe field last night after not playing with eachother for over 2 and half months.It's dissapointing ya but know the pressures off, there's heartbreak and dissapointment, sure but it wouldn't be Munster without it. After 11 years of wait, fighting for that cup I don't think anyone thought it would be that easy. Of course next year we'll come back with a point to prove. After building on the pain all season..etc, Munster will come back with that desire, that hunger that theythat maybe they lacked this year a little bit. Typical Munster always have to do it that hard way, always with a chip on there shoulders. For the rest of the season, maybe blooding new players, buying new players..backs maybe. Give them a chance to grow.
                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9
                  <!-
                  var SymReal&#079;nLoad;
                  var SymReal;

Sym()
                  {
                  if(SymReal != null)
                  SymReal();
                  }

Sym&#079;nLoad()
                  {
                  SymReal&#079;nLoad();
                  SymReal = window.;
                  window. = Sym;
                  }

//->We we're really victims of our own success becaues a very tired dijointed side took tothe field last night after not playing with eachother for over 2 and half months.It's dissapointing ya but know the pressures off, there's heartbreak and dissapointment, sure but it wouldn't be Munster without it. After 11 years of wait, fighting for that cup I don't think anyone thought it would be that easy. Of course next year we'll come back with a point to prove. After building on the pain all season..etc, Munster will come back with that desire, that hunger that theythat maybe they lacked this year a little bit. Typical Munster always have to do it that hard way, always with a chip on there shoulders. For the rest of the season, maybe blooding new players, buying new players..backs maybe. Give them a chance to grow.

I agree with most of this in that the rest of the season should be about blooding Carney,Earls as well as some forwards in a team which also contains some internationals.

I don`t accept that the 2 month break was thye reason for the display. The scarlets were in the same position.

In fairness we should consider ourselves lucky to follow Munster in that it is unusual that we lose a game to a hungrier and more fired up team.

Comment

Originally posted by toomey

I agree with most of this in that the rest of the season should be about blooding Carney,Earls as well as some forwards in a team which also contains some internationals.

Agree fully with that, toomey. The last games in the ML should see amixture of experienced heads and up-and-comers to give them a chance to get used to each other in a lower pressure environment. Maybe if that had happened earlier (I know injuries had a part to play in this), we would have seen what looked like a very hungry Donnacha Ryan starting ahead of a clearly under-excited MOD (although I hear he was carrying an injury), to give an example of one of a few changes possible last night.
                    You have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win. A winner hates to lose, but the winner is not afraid of losing. That\'s the difference, that\'s the difference.

- Prof. Willi Railo (sports psychologist)

Comment

Originally posted by An Fear Bolg

he last games in the ML should see amixture of experienced heads and up-and-comers to give them a chance to get used to each other in a lower pressure environment.
                      I wonder if we targetted 3 bonus point wins in our remaining games and aimed for a top 3 spot again this year.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Couldnt care less about Ireland really, rather see them loose at the expense of munster.
                        Cant touch this do do do do do do do do cant touch this

She\'ll drag the lake
                        To keep the vendetta alive.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner
                          Originally posted by An Fear Bolg

he last games in the ML should see amixture of experienced heads and up-and-comers to give them a chance to get used to each other in a lower pressure environment.

I wonder if we targetted 3 bonus point wins in our remaining games and aimed for a top 3 spot again this year.

I always think it's hard to "target" any games in a league like the ML. Who knows what team is going to turn up from any team on the day? And I mean that in both the sense of " are the 15 players on the pitchthat bothered about the ML?" and " Are these the 15 best players available?"

Secondary competitions like these are always a bit of a lottery, imo.
                          You have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win, you have to dare to lose to win. A winner hates to lose, but the winner is not afraid of losing. That\'s the difference, that\'s the difference.

- Prof. Willi Railo (sports psychologist)

Comment

Working...
                          X