X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragusa
    replied
    Originally posted by Eastender View Post
    They don't care about their local economies, they'll move a match to a bigger football stadium without giving a damn about local businesses if they think they can sell more seats, many of them anyway, i'm sure there are some good examples, but recently, Milton Keynes for Northampton, Toulouse for Castres, etc. I don't remember them filling the larger stadia either?
    True the traders in Castres objected but the Club were not interested. The previous game in Castres I think in 2008 they made a fortune from us. The new type owners are not interested in anything but themselves as evidenced by the locations chosen for the English teams - miles from previous bases of club.

Leave a comment:

• Thomond78
    replied
    Originally posted by Point View Post
    IIRC 10 days after the last one, which should mean this week.
    IRB Council meets later this month, btw.

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied
    Originally posted by 2EMEREP View Post
    The Pro12 could really work this to their advantage too, by having teams from the same countries play games on adjoining days in close proximity. For example, have Munster play Treviso in Treviso on the Saturday and Connacht play Zebre on Sunday, or Treviso play Glasgow on Saturday and Zebre play Edinburgh on Sunday. Surely there would be supporters who would make a weekend of it and take in two games. That would give us our away trips and raise the profile of the league.
    Excellent idea.

Leave a comment:

• Point
    replied
    Originally posted by cornerboy View Post
    When are the unions getting together again.
    IIRC 10 days after the last one, which should mean this week.

Leave a comment:

• tafnat
    replied
    They move stadiums when they know they have a large fan base travelling to them,I say don't travel and **** them.

Leave a comment:

• Eastender
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbin View Post
    This far more realistic. And far more likely to hurt the English and French clubs. Irish fans bring biggest crowds so if you rule them out that's a lot of cash pulled from local economy
    They don't care about their local economies, they'll move a match to a bigger football stadium without giving a damn about local businesses if they think they can sell more seats, many of them anyway, i'm sure there are some good examples, but recently, Milton Keynes for Northampton, Toulouse for Castres, etc. I don't remember them filling the larger stadia either?

Leave a comment:

• cornerboy
    replied
    When are the unions getting together again.

Leave a comment:

• 2EMEREP
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbin View Post
    This far more realistic. And far more likely to hurt the English and French clubs. Irish fans bring biggest crowds so if you rule them out that's a lot of cash pulled from local economy
    The Pro12 could really work this to their advantage too, by having teams from the same countries play games on adjoining days in close proximity. For example, have Munster play Treviso in Treviso on the Saturday and Connacht play Zebre on Sunday, or Treviso play Glasgow on Saturday and Zebre play Edinburgh on Sunday. Surely there would be supporters who would make a weekend of it and take in two games. That would give us our away trips and raise the profile of the league.
    Last edited by 2EMEREP; 4th-November-2013, 08:40.

Leave a comment:

• bobbin
    replied
    Originally posted by tafnat View Post
    Support your club in Thomond, NO travelling away going to English,French or Welsh teams.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post
    They trod on us as they took their recent
    steps backwards!
    I think it was more a case of us treading on ourselves.

Leave a comment:

• aupa les rouges
    replied
    Originally posted by lawrence View Post
    And my viewpoint is that the HCUP should not be used as a development tool, (the amlin can be that), it should be the permier comp in europe that teams have to earn the right to play in, where the best 24 teams in Europe paly, Treviso are a good example of a team that has benefited from playing in europe and the Rabo, but Edinburgh are an example of a team that seems to be taking one step forward and then two steps back over the last few years.
    They trod on us as they took their recent
    steps backwards!

Leave a comment:

• Reus
    replied
    Originally posted by bosh12 View Post
    I d view it differently. Tonight's load of ****e (which is a very regular occurrence) wouldn't happen if teams actually have a monkeys about the rabo due to qualification. The new format should mean teams and the majority of fans might actual give the league some respect
    I don't think so since Munster and Ospreys are so far ahead of the bottom half of the table a defeat wouldn't really have mattered. Qualification might give added incentive for either team versus somebody like Treviso or Cardiff but against each other is always likely to be a playoff jostle.

Though the kneejerk conclusions on a weekly basis are getting tiresome. Every Munster match seems to either be a "fine advertisement for the pro 12" or symptomatic of its problems.

Leave a comment:

• exiled to connacht
    replied
    Pro12 is in its 13th year now though and appears no nearer sorting out the scheduling than they were at the start of this competition.
    How difficult can it be to get the 4 unions to commit to making the internationals available for 12/13 weeks of the pro12 season and playing the top teams against each other on these dates.
    It was embarassing last night for a top of table clash between two teams who between them have won the competition 7 out of the 12 times its been competed for.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by bosh12 View Post
    I d view it differently. Tonight's load of ****e (which is a very regular occurrence) wouldn't happen if teams actually have a monkeys about the rabo due to qualification. The new format should mean teams and the majority of fans might actual give the league some respect
    I know that PRL want to emasculate the international game but there will still be Autumn internationals played by moustachioed rugby players next year and they will not be playing in the Celtic league for any of the sides.

Using this weekends games as evidence of the paucity of the Celtic league is just a little hasty, all the teams from all the countries were full of brand new combinations, to expect them to suddenly gel is a little ambitious.

Leave a comment:

• bosh12
    replied
    Originally posted by Valencia View Post
    Tonight's ball of sheeeet is what we may be left with when there's no Heineken Cup

Leave a comment:

Working...
X